Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PCC India - Applied overseas through Indian Embassy

Hi All,

Can anyone please share their experience of applying for PCC from overseas vide Indian Embassy?

How long does it take and during this period do they keep the Indian passport also with them?

Any inputs in this regard will be really helpful. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, i have applied here in UAE and the process was very simple. First you need to obtain local police clearance certificate, i have gone to a police station in Sharjah, they have charged me AED 54/person and given PCC immediately after checking with Immigration Systems.

Once local pcc is recieved i have taken an appointment with BLS International in Sharjah service provider for Indian Embassy, there you need to fill a form before 12PM every day and pay about AED 125/person and handover passport.

After 2 days i have received my passport along with Indian PCC to my postal address delivered through EMPOST.

Happy applying...

Cheers
Jaffar

Reactions: niraj162

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, i have applied here in UAE and the process was very simple. First you need to obtain local police clearance certificate, i have gone to a police station in Sharjah, they have charged me AED 54/person and given PCC immediately after checking with Immigration Systems.

Once local pcc is recieved i have taken an appointment with BLS International in Sharjah service provider for Indian Embassy, there you need to fill a form before 12PM every day and pay about AED 125/person and handover passport.

After 2 days i have received my passport along with Indian PCC to my postal address delivered through EMPOST.

Happy applying...

Cheers
Jaffar
Thanks Jaffar. From your post, i could see Local country PCC is mandatory before applying with Indian Embassy is it?

I am trying to load the PCC upfront while filing the 176. Do we need to get the PCC request letter / intimation from the CO before we ask for the PCC?

Or Quoting other country immigration as the purpose, we can raise the request with the local country PCC?

Please clarify.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, i did front loaded my PCC, if you look at the timelines CO got allocated after that. I have done my medicals after request from CO and i have managed to get it filled Online by paying AED 25 extra per person to the doctor. Usual medical fees is AED 650 per person.

Cheers
Jaffar

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, i did front loaded my PCC, if you look at the timelines CO got allocated after that. I have done my medicals after request from CO and i have managed to get it filled Online by paying AED 25 extra per person to the doctor. Usual medical fees is AED 650 per person.

Cheers
Jaffar
Okay, Thank You. Let me check here and then will reach out to you for any advise / help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just buzz me up via PM, will be able to help you out...

Cheers
Jaffar

·
Registered
1 Posts
PCC from Sharjah

Happy applying...

Cheers
Jaffar
hi Jaffar,
Could you please share the location or which police department in Sharjah to apply for PCC.

Thanks,
Faisal

·
Registered
79 Posts
Okay, Thank You. Let me check here and then will reach out to you for any advise / help.

Thanks.
Hi maddy,

with lots of hopes to see a reply from you :)

its a mere coincidence that exactly after an year, im facing the same problem, Im in US with an invitation to apply for 189 visa. Im afraid to apply because im not sure if i would be able to get the PCC and medicals done when im in US.

My invitation is valid for 2 months, so want to get those done before i apply for visa paying 3k AUD.

if yours was done successfully could you explain me the process and ur experience... if possible mail me at sainath.ec at gmail or share ur mail id.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Indian PCC at Sydney - Spouse name Issue

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to reaffirm my understanding :

I am based out of sydney and want to apply PCC(INDIA) for me and my family from sydney :

1) My passport doesnt have my spouse name (Made in 2005 when I was unmarried)
2) Spouse passport has my name(Made in 2011)
3) Son's passport has both out names(made in 2011)
4) We have registered marriage certificate with us right now

Now , do I need to get new passport issued for myself with spouse name added/endorsed in it to apply for my PCC or would my spouse passport and marriage certificate would suffice.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Varun

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to reaffirm my understanding :

I am based out of sydney and want to apply PCC(INDIA) for me and my family from sydney :

1) My passport doesnt have my spouse name (Made in 2005 when I was unmarried)
2) Spouse passport has my name(Made in 2011)
3) Son's passport has both out names(made in 2011)
4) We have registered marriage certificate with us right now

Now , do I need to get new passport issued for myself with spouse name added/endorsed in it to apply for my PCC or would my spouse passport and marriage certificate would suffice.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Varun
Just to be on safer side, I suggest you get your spouse name added in your passport. Sooner or later you got to do it, then why not do it now.

Also when you add your Spouse Name in the passport, they DO NOT issue you a new passport, they just put a Stamp in your passport, stating that .... "Spouse name on last page should be read as ...... " something like that .....

Source: My own experience, I got my spouse name added in my passport in 2007.

Hope it helps ... :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Paul,

Not sure what you mentioned is possible now. It used to be called as endorsement , now I heard they only issue new passport. In that case dont know what would be the repercussions as I had filed 189 on my old passport.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You are right. Now they issue new passport if you want to add spouse name in your passport that takes weeks. You don't need your spouse s name on you passport to get PCC. Your wife has it on hers that's more than enough.
So yeah go ahead
Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Jan7,

I understand it would be easy for my spouse to get PCC for her as she has my name on her passport , what I dont understand is that would it be possible for me to get PCC without her name on my passport.

I presume we both need to apply separately (in 2 diff applications) for PCC from sydney. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Varun

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Paul,

Not sure what you mentioned is possible now. It used to be called as endorsement , now I heard they only issue new passport. In that case dont know what would be the repercussions as I had filed 189 on my old passport.
Check this out .... Frequently Asked Questions

See Q#: 8

I am not sure why will they issue you a new passport when a simple stamp (endorsement) will solve the purpose. They may have changed the procedures though.

Reactions: mra

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's what I mean, I won't be a problem if you don't have your spouse s name as long as you Hav documents to support your marriage. Anyways as per the requirements only one of you need to have others name in passport as far as I know. So that should not be a problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Apologies for re wording my issue. I read here in one of the threads that when I apply for my PCC at Indian Embassy in sydney , they would require me to fill form where I have to specify my spouse name , in case of its absence they would not perform my PCC.

In my wife's case it should not be any issue.

My understanding may be wrong though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
when I apply for my PCC at Indian Embassy in sydney , they would require me to fill form where I have to specify my spouse name , in case of its absence they would not perform my PCC.
This problem is more likely to arise in ladies case. As wordings change after marriage from d/o to w/o.

There is a post somewhere which talks about problem created by passport office of Gujrat to give PCC for spouse. You may google this to catch some more details.

By my memory, getting PCC for wife was a problem, as spouse name was not there in both passports.

Finally it was resolved as wife applying pcc as daughter <quoting her father' name> instead of wife of <husband's name>. This was done as couple didnt had time for reissue of passport.

Since in same thread, others told that this problem was restricted to gujrat & not other passport offices, it seems there is no general rule on this : That PCC can not be issued unless spouse name is endorsed or entered in the passport.

So whatever rule sydney office is telling is for their convenience. But its upto them not to bend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
varunynr said:
Apologies for re wording my issue. I read here in one of the threads that when I apply for my PCC at Indian Embassy in sydney , they would require me to fill form where I have to specify my spouse name , in case of its absence they would not perform my PCC.

In my wife's case it should not be any issue.

My understanding may be wrong though.
I don't think there would be any such problem. Yes you will have to specify spouse s name but you don't need her name in your passport. You can attach your marriage certificate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes you will have to specify spouse s name but you don't need her name in your passport. You can attach your marriage certificate.
I agree with Jan 7:
You will not be concealing the marriage & declaring it in the forms wherever asked.

To support the marriage you have - Marriage certificate which holds good for indian govt. Your name on wife's passport (mentioned as her spouse) is additional support but even if it was not there, marriage certificate is conclusive.

But just for sake of curiosity, what is the purpose of PCC in your case ?
If you getting PCC for reissue of your passport then not having spouse name in old passport is not material & they will cooperate because in new passport application you are mentioning the spouse name to be included in renewed passport. You can meet someone higher to crack this "egg or chicken first" story.

But if you taking PCC for some other purpose, and have intention to not add spouse name on your passport, the offficer may not co-operate.

All the best :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts