Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I have applied the 176 Visa day before yesterday and now I am planning to get myself and my spouse PCC done. Following is my situation.

* I had got the address changed in my passport and my spouse passport at our native address last month , as we wanted a permanent address to be recorded on the passport and not the temp Bangalore address.

* Now , I work at Bangalore, so where should I apply for the PCC. Getting the PCC from the PSK near my native is comparatively easy for us , as we can easily get through the police verification process there.

* My doubt is that , since I am employed at Bangalore , wont the PSK officer ask me to go and apply at Bangalore itself.

* Or should ,I avoid mentioning the work location as Bangalore and just plainly go forward with the status as unemployed in the PCC online form.

* By mentioning Unemployed is there any implication on the PCC certificate which is issued , I mean is there any reference of employment status in the PCC certificate or is it just a plain character certificate.

Any suggestion in this regard would be highly appreciable.

Regards
Mansin

·
Registered
202 Posts
mansin said:
Hi friends,

I have applied the 176 Visa day before yesterday and now I am planning to get myself and my spouse PCC done. Following is my situation.

* I had got the address changed in my passport and my spouse passport at our native address last month , as we wanted a permanent address to be recorded on the passport and not the temp Bangalore address.

* Now , I work at Bangalore, so where should I apply for the PCC. Getting the PCC from the PSK near my native is comparatively easy for us , as we can easily get through the police verification process there.

* My doubt is that , since I am employed at Bangalore , wont the PSK officer ask me to go and apply at Bangalore itself.

* Or should ,I avoid mentioning the work location as Bangalore and just plainly go forward with the status as unemployed in the PCC online form.

* By mentioning Unemployed is there any implication on the PCC certificate which is issued , I mean is there any reference of employment status in the PCC certificate or is it just a plain character certificate.

Any suggestion in this regard would be highly appreciable.

Regards
Mansin
How long have you been living in Bangalore? If its not that much, get it from your home town.

I guess PCC does not mention your employment status.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you been living in Bangalore? If its not that much, get it from your home town.

I guess PCC does not mention your employment status.
It has been exactly one year... yeah .. I too want to apply from my home town .. since in such situation .. I can monitor the progress of the certificate through some known people in the police department.

The doubt is can I just omit the employment part in the application while applying at the home town Passport Seva kendra.

Can some one confirm , if the PSK will mention employment status in the PCC issued.

Regards
Mansin

·
Registered
556 Posts
It has been exactly one year... yeah .. I too want to apply from my home town .. since in such situation .. I can monitor the progress of the certificate through some known people in the police department.

The doubt is can I just omit the employment part in the application while applying at the home town Passport Seva kendra.

Can some one confirm , if the PSK will mention employment status in the PCC issued.

Regards
Mansin
Hi Mansin,
PCC will not have any mention of your employment status.

One year is the minimum requirement if you plan to apply for PCC from Bangalore. If you can prove that you have been living at the new address for a year then you don't have to worry about anything. But the only drawback is that it would take 21 days to be issued as a fresh police verification needs to be carried out.

Good Luck!! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks rvijaysubs and coolsnake....

I think , I will go with Home town itself... and as you have mentioned .. no impact on employment status on the PCC. I guess, I dont have to declare my employment at Bangalore at all.

Regards
Mansin

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks rvijaysubs and coolsnake....

I think , I will go with Home town itself... and as you have mentioned .. no impact on employment status on the PCC. I guess, I dont have to declare my employment at Bangalore at all.

Regards
Mansin
The PCC is issued by the ministry of external affairs through Regional Passport Office. As such it technically does not matter from which RPO you obtain it from. It does not contain any mention of your employment or your passport address.

Since you got your address changed to your hometown address, if you walk in to the PSK in your area, you should be able to get the PCC immediately. If your hometown happens to be in Karnataka, then PCC will still contain as being issued from RPO Bangalore.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
PCC does not mention your employment or marital status...

Regards
Mansin

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks gg3103 and coolsnake

I have gone ahead with the dates for the PCC at my native itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.