Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am a Work permit holder in Australia.My Indian passport is expiring in November 2020.
I am planning to apply for the the renewal along with the address change as my passport address is 10 years old address and I do not reside there any longer.
I have a query regarding the supporting document required to change the address on Passport.
I have ONLY Aadhaar card available which has my latest and permanent address. Will Australia VFS will accept this document as the address proof for my passport application ? Has any one applied with this condition ?

As per VFS Global website, they have mentioned to provide any utility bill which unfortunately I do not have.

Can anyone provide valuable suggestion ?
Option 1 : Only reissue the passport, do not change the address.
Option 2 : Reissue the passport along with address change with Aadhaar card as supporting document.

Also, I would like to mention , there is a change in of state also if I change my Indian address in passport.

Please suggest, which option to take and if it has any impacts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi All,

I am a Work permit holder in Australia.My Indian passport is expiring in November 2020.
I am planning to apply for the the renewal along with the address change as my passport address is 10 years old address and I do not reside there any longer.
I have a query regarding the supporting document required to change the address on Passport.
I have ONLY Aadhaar card available which has my latest and permanent address. Will Australia VFS will accept this document as the address proof for my passport application ? Has any one applied with this condition ?

As per VFS Global website, they have mentioned to provide any utility bill which unfortunately I do not have.

Can anyone provide valuable suggestion ?
Option 1 : Only reissue the passport, do not change the address.
Option 2 : Reissue the passport along with address change with Aadhaar card as supporting document.

Also, I would like to mention , there is a change in of state also if I change my Indian address in passport.

Please suggest, which option to take and if it has any impacts.

Thanks!
Indian Passport always have current address not the permanent one. which means if you are here in Australia more than 12 months or plan to stay more than 12 months than in your passpoer address would be of Australia not from India, that is why you need Utility bills or Bank account statement or rent lease etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indian Passport always have current address not the permanent one. which means if you are here in Australia more than 12 months or plan to stay more than 12 months than in your passpoer address would be of Australia not from India, that is why you need Utility bills or Bank account statement or rent lease etc.
Thanks for the reply @arun05. I would like to mention here that Australia VFS accepts australian address for the Permanent Residents ONLY and NOT for the work visa holders. So I believe I fall in the second category as I am here on work visa from last 2 years.

Please suggest.Would like to here some more valuable suggestions.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Thanks for the reply @arun05. I would like to mention here that Australia VFS accepts australian address for the Permanent Residents ONLY and NOT for the work visa holders. So I believe I fall in the second category as I am here on work visa from last 2 years.

Please suggest.Would like to here some more valuable suggestions.
Thanks again.
Here is what I would suggest

Use your Aadhaar and change the address on your Indian Passport. Try and include as much proof as possible (e.g: utility bills, Sale deed / rental agreement, letter from employer etc). Your passport might get a bit delayed, while it completes police verification back in India, but you will have a clean travel document, devoid of any inconsistencies.

Alternately, you could also renew it as it is and then apply for change of address once you travel back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey

You can get your Indian address change in new passport by submitting the aadhar card only. I did the same and I got my address changed in new passport. I have submitted my aadhar color copy with JP attestation. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts