Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am an indian and my partner is portugese. We live and work in UK and planning to get married.

Has anyone any idea which is the easiest and non-complicated method to do so?

At the moment I don't have a birth certificate (lost it somewhere). I have a valid passport and valid UK work permit. Would this be enough or would I need more.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are probably ok, but you must give notice at a designated register office (google for a list) and are almost certain to be referred to Home Office by the registrar for investigation, which can take up to 70 days. So leave plenty of time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ukba

You are probably ok, but you must give notice at a designated register office (google for a list) and are almost certain to be referred to Home Office by the registrar for investigation, which can take up to 70 days. So leave plenty of time.
UKBA as always should have guessed it. Well I got nothing to worry about but their turn around times are sometimes horrible with certain things me and others have experienced in the past. But well still have faith they can do things quicker.

Council website say they need to see Birth Ceritificate. I was born in Dubai so trying to get it from there and send it across to me. Hope it's done soon. :juggle:

Rest other documents include passports, Council tax.

Do I need any other documents to support we live together?

- BANK STATEMENTS : Individual accounts with same address
- UTILITY BILLS: All on my name :heh:

That's all I can think of :confused2::noidea:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.