Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is listed as Surname + GivenName and not GivenName + Surname in my marriage certificate. In the state from where I come from, we take our dad's given name as our surname. Family names were abolished by law in the early 60's.

All my other documents, including passport, have my name as GivenName+Surname or as GivenName + First letter from Surname. All of my education documents have my name in the latter format, as the fully expanded name is quite lengthy.

Also: The marriage certificate carries our passport sized pictures and proper authorizations on it. I have my wife's name endorsed under "Spouse name" in my passport and vice-versa. We live in USA and she is currently on spouse visa. I do have ample proofs to establish genuine relationship : Joint accounts, lease documents, insurance, spouse visa, pictures etc.,

Assuming I were to get an invite, following are my questions :

1) Should I preferably submit a statutory declaration from myself explaining the name discrepancy in the certificate and affirming that it indeed is my certificate? I do have a "Certified as True Copy" version of the certificate as well.
2) Should I include "Surname+GivenName" under "Other names known by" ?
3) Should I include GiveName + First letter from Surname under "Other names known by" ?

Could someone kindly help with these questions ?

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
My name is listed as Surname + GivenName and not GivenName + Surname in my marriage certificate. In the state from where I come from, we take our dad's given name as our surname. Family names were abolished by law in the early 60's.

All my other documents, including passport, have my name as GivenName+Surname or as GivenName + First letter from Surname. All of my education documents have my name in the latter format, as the fully expanded name is quite lengthy.

Also: The marriage certificate carries our passport sized pictures and proper authorizations on it. I have my wife's name endorsed under "Spouse name" in my passport and vice-versa. We live in USA and she is currently on spouse visa. I do have ample proofs to establish genuine relationship : Joint accounts, lease documents, insurance, spouse visa, pictures etc.,

1) Should I preferably submit a statutory declaration from myself explaining the name discrepancy in the certificate and affirming that it indeed is my certificate? I do have a "Certified as True Copy" version of the certificate as well.
3) Should I include GiveName + First letter from Surname under "Other names known by" ?

1. YES
2. YES
3. YES

Cheers

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

1) Should I preferably submit a statutory declaration from myself explaining the name discrepancy in the certificate and affirming that it indeed is my certificate?
Use one name which is used in more number of documents which you are going to provide for processing
I do have a "Certified as True Copy" version of the certificate as well.

Write all your other names in Form 80 and explain the same what you just stated here regarding your names in Part-T additional information.If CO needs further clarifications,h/she will request you

Depends which name you are going to use

Answered

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
I differ
Your main name should be the name exactly as given in the passport

All other names can be given under also known as

Cheers

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I differ
Your main name should be the name exactly as given in the passport

All other names can be given under also known as

Cheers
It doesn't matter which name applicant prefer to use as per his documents ,but required to declare remaining names h/she is known with , unless h/she have legal name change documents as per gazette

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
It doesn't matter which name applicant prefer to use as per his documents ,but required to declare remaining names h/she is known with , unless h/she have legal name change documents as per gazette
The question here is that every applicant has to start somewhere
As he has multiple versions of his name , he has to choose one of them as the main name

My advise is that he should not choose any of the versions randomly but only the one given in the passport as that i one of the most important identity of the person

Cheers

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The question here is that every applicant has to start somewhere
As he has multiple versions of his name , he has to choose one of them as the main name

My advise is that he should not choose any of the versions randomly but only the one given in the passport as that i one of the most important identity of the person

Cheers
Its not randomly choosing from a pool, Applicant can use any name that was printed on official document instead of assumption, its their choice of selection and applicant has to justify through available means for the use of remaining names.reason why, in form 80, there is a specified question for this scenario.

Its not required, just because applicant has 4 different versions of same name on officially recognized documents, h/she have to provide declarations

Only thing required is justification for the use of different forms of same name.

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
Its not randomly choosing from a pool, Applicant can use any name that was printed on official document instead of assumption, its their choice of selection and applicant has to justify through available means for the use of remaining names.reason why, in form 80, there is a specified question for this scenario.

Its not required, just because applicant has 4 different versions of same name on officially recognized documents, h/she have to provide declarations

Only thing required is justification for the use of different forms of same name.
You just don't get the point I am trying to make

No use in carrying forward this conversation

Cheers

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you newbienz and JP Mosa for your clarifications. :yo:

From what I understand from your replies, JP Mosa and newbienz have difference of opinion about which should be the main name in the application and whether or not there is a need to provide a declaration.

In my case, my passport name will be my application name and it also meets the criteria that JP Mosa espouses.

Therefore, I will be listing the other forms of my name in form 80. As it would not hurt anything, I may supplement it with a statutory declaration.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

JP Mosa, I have a follow up question. Here you are saying that there is no requirement to provide a declaration and that a justification would suffice.
Are you recommending that I provide a write-up explaining the reasons for the different forms of my name in Part-T of Form 80 ?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
JP Mosa, I have a follow up question. Here you are saying that there is no requirement to provide a declaration and that a justification would suffice.

Are you recommending that I provide a write-up explaining the reasons for the different forms of my name in Part-T of Form 80 ?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you !

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a follow up question on the same topic. Could someone please confirm that the above said recommendations for form-80 viz names and its different spellings are applicable to dibp health declarations as well ? i.e, do I list down all the different forms for my name under health declarations as well ? More precisely, like Part T of Form 80 is there where the applicant would/could explain the reasons for the different forms of my name ? At the moment all I see is the choose 'Other' as the reason for name change.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have a follow up question on the same topic. Could someone please confirm that the above said recommendations for form-80 viz names and its different spellings are applicable to dibp health declarations as well ? i.e, do I list down all the different forms for my name under health declarations as well ? More precisely, like Part T of Form 80 is there where the applicant would/could explain the reasons for the different forms of my name ? At the moment all I see is the choose 'Other' as the reason for name change.
No

You have to provide the exact name as it is printed in your passport ( assuming you will use same name in visa application too).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No

You have to provide the exact name as it is printed in your passport ( assuming you will use same name in visa application too).

Thank you very much for clarifying. Please do not mistake this as being a rude: not declaring my data under the "other names" in health declarations and declaring it in Form 80 sounds inconsistent. Are you recommending so because the "other names" in the health declarations is solely with respect to health records ?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thank you very much for clarifying. Please do not mistake this as being a rude: not declaring my data under the "other names" in health declarations and declaring it in Form 80 sounds inconsistent. Are you recommending so because the "other names" in the health declarations is solely with respect to health records ?
Health records, nothing to do with your character.
They preserve your health record and its used only to check whether applicant have any health condition which will be a burden on AUS economy.

Declaring different names honestly comes under character and Identity.

Its my opinion

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Mosa for the clarification.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts