Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If many of the private universities of India selling their degrees without even attendance, how would DIBP be able to give PR to any eligible Indian applicants?

·
Registered
157 Posts
If many of the private universities of India selling their degrees without even attendance, how would DIBP be able to give PR to any eligible Indian applicants?
By verifying. There are fake universities all over the world. I trust DIBP in making these kinds of decision. People sitting there are aware of such scams and are actually smarter than we think.

Reactions: ankitgoel10

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
but the problem is that these indian unis sell their degrees so they are verifiable.
Any university which is not on UGC India can easily be identified by DIBP.

if someone selling the degrees as if they are chocolates, I don't think Indian ppl are not that fools not to check veracity and authenticity of that university before joining a course and investing their future there

·
Registered
424 Posts

Education is a priority for Indians mostly at par with healthcare, etc. Indians irrespective of their income bracket, place a great amount of importance to education. Many Indians may have missed out on getting education for self but would not want the same for their children.

I do not know the relevance of your question here. Scams are present everywhere. Again in a country of a billion plus people, there are many exceptions!

But to generalise something based on limited exposure on the subject is unfair!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This trend is on rise. Recently a colleague of mine got fired on verification of his degree. On probing he said he bought the degree online from university that exists in Australia. How come people believe in scams like these?

·
Registered
424 Posts
This trend is on rise. Recently a colleague of mine got fired on verification of his degree. On probing he said he bought the degree online from university that exists in Australia. How come people believe in scams like these?

There could be exceptions to practically every case. Yes, there are people who buy fake degrees as well who sell them.

I do not understand what the OP's intention to bring this up here? More so to generalise as "Fake Indian Degrees"?

·
Registered
424 Posts

There could be exceptions to practically every case. Yes, there are people who buy fake degrees as well who sell them.

I do not understand what was the OP's intention to bring this up here? More so to generalise as "Fake Indian Degrees"?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Check u r facts

Its just that I recently heard from my ffriend about this guy who migrated to Canada with a fake degree
Then Canada must be stupid or ur friend might be lying about the guy.... Indian Universities have very high standards

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
This story shows you what can happen if you buy fake degrees!
Exposed: VPs, CEOs with fake degrees in UAE | GulfNews.com
Basically people were putting their qualifications in their LinkedIn profile.
Once the university was found to be false - if you searched LinkedIn with that university name - it would bring up a list of results with the members who had degrees from these fake universities!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes, there may be some fake universities in India, or elsewhere in the world. But I trust in the protocols set by the DIBP, as well as the skills assessment authorities in weeding out any such candidates. It must be very difficult, if not impossible, for someone with fraudulent qualifications to sail through.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi,
This story shows you what can happen if you buy fake degrees!
Exposed: VPs, CEOs with fake degrees in UAE | GulfNews.com
Basically people were putting their qualifications in their LinkedIn profile.
Once the university was found to be false - if you searched LinkedIn with that university name - it would bring up a list of results with the members who had degrees from these fake universities!
Cheers
Steve
Few years back same thing happened here in Saudi, 35000 Fake engineering graduates are holding most senior and high paying jobs in KSA who hail from every nation on this planet literally.

Now, SCE is scrutinizing in depth if any KSA employer want to recruit an engineer internationally.

KSA Employer can recruit an engineer, once SCE confirms with the university which awarded engineering degree to candidate is genuine or else NO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I don't understand why any person with fake degree will apply for any PR or VISA which costs around Lacs and there is a possibility of rejection. Obviously, rejection comes later on scrutiny only and Visa fees is paid first.

Well I don't think anyone with even a little brain will do such a foolishness.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well I don't understand why any person with fake degree will apply for any PR or VISA which costs around Lacs and there is a possibility of rejection. Obviously, rejection comes later on scrutiny only and Visa fees is paid first.

Well I don't think anyone with even a little brain will do such a foolishness.
I think someone with brains wont obtain a fake degree in the first place.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ACS will know

ACS will know if it is fake or genuine, every degree can be checked online whether the student is enrolled and passed out of that particular colleges .Its highly impossible to go for ACS with a fake degree,,, ACS accepts lot of universities in india, which are equivalent to Australian University education standards

Reactions: Sanjay8789

·
Registered
424 Posts
Why would someone buy fake degrees without getting the relevant exposure in the field. Besides, this is much more than a mere salary or a designation hike, or perhaps securing a job.

DIBP, I am sure will have systems in place to weed out undesired elements. Moreover, the person is always at risk of deportation even after securing the visa.

Again, if your friend has secured residency in Canada; how it is relevant here in the Australian forum?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts