Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'll be soon moving to Australia from India. I need to know how to go about it. Have my visa. Need to ship some stuff from home. How to get it done. what are the things i should bring and what i cant/shouldnt bring?

need your advice. Thanks :)
:)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Aditya,

welcome to the forum. Well a few things are a must take for Indians, Pressure Cooker. Packed spices (a couple of month's supply, make sure they are in their original packing, declare them and u can take them in, it is easier initially if u have them with you, once u settle in, you can buy frm there), rolling pin for chapaties, pans (kadai, the ones available there are usually non stick and the oens here make cooking easier). a couple of Multi plug extension cords (better to change just one plug thn to change it for everything). a month supply of basic medication, tool kit (comes handy).

as for shipping, contact any clearing agent, google them (the rate is approximately 400 per KG for shipping, for air freight it is approximately 1000-1500 per kg).

Rest whatever you want to carry with you.

Search the forum, this has been discussed at length in the past. I am sure I must have missed a lot.

Cheers
Anj

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Heu guys...

All the best to you.........and Happy journey to OZ

Rushabh,

please give us more details for your application.....like how the application goes after medicals and PCC, did they verified your job, did you get any call and what was the procdue for your application....it would help us to know the process well in advance and give time to prepare for the things after medicals and PCC

thanks a lot

keep posted

Well guys me too :) . Can you guys pm me ur gmail ids? can we talk?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heu guys...

All the best to you.........and Happy journey to OZ

Rushabh,

please give us more details for your application.....like how the application goes after medicals and PCC, did they verified your job, did you get any call and what was the procdue for your application....it would help us to know the process well in advance and give time to prepare for the things after medicals and PCC

thanks a lot

keep posted
Thanks erviren.

Well they do verify at times i guess. & i was the lucky one :) they had mailed my manager and asked whole set of Questions like my tenure, type of work, designation salary etc.
verifying it against the document i had provided. but since i had one company & manager was cool it went very smooth !

So all you have to do is wait n watch, and its not necessary you mite get a verification call.

hope this helps. lemme know if u need anything else.

Good luck !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts