Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Miljan, I'm 31 years old MSc of electrical and software engineering with 6+ years of working experience if software development. Recently, I decided to apply for independent skilled visa 175.

I know I have to arrange skill recognition at ACS first, and I read about all prerequisites for 175 visa - IELTS and others.

I'm just interested how long does it take for papers to be arranged after I apply for a 175 visa?

Thanks in advance,
Miljan

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What exactly do you mean by " papers to be arranged after I apply for a 175 visa?"....

Hello everyone!

My name is Miljan, I'm 31 years old MSc of electrical and software engineering with 6+ years of working experience if software development. Recently, I decided to apply for independent skilled visa 175.

I know I have to arrange skill recognition at ACS first, and I read about all prerequisites for 175 visa - IELTS and others.

I'm just interested how long does it take for papers to be arranged after I apply for a 175 visa?

Thanks in advance,
Miljan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi lifeisgood,

and thank you for quick answer. What I mean is, after I lodge my application for 175 visa, how much time does it usually take for immigration services to finish it?

Bye

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
175 visa applications have slowed down considerably...
a CO is allotted after 7-8 months(minimum)
Hi lifeisgood,

and thank you for quick answer. What I mean is, after I lodge my application for 175 visa, how much time does it usually take for immigration services to finish it?

Bye

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assumed it was faster before? Can I ask you how "fresh" and "reliable" is your source of information?

I'm still in process of lodging papers for ACS skills assessment, so I'll probably wait and see how SkillSelect will be functioning (I would send you a link but I can't. SkillSelect is something new that will be active from July 2012, but it can be found on immi gov site). Maybe that could speed up process.

Thanks, bye

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The info is as "fresh" as a freshly baked pizza..:D
this is the link and you can go there periodically to check the processing time..
They are updated fortnightly and were last updated on 3rd feb 2012..

Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

My 2 cents of observation:
I came across this processing time link on the DIAC website back in July 2011 and have been following it regularly since...I have observed that the processing date GAP for 175 has always been increasing (meaning they are being processed slowly) ever since..
on the other hand 176 visa are being processing at a super fast rate...

I assumed it was faster before? Can I ask you how "fresh" and "reliable" is your source of information?

I'm still in process of lodging papers for ACS skills assessment, so I'll probably wait and see how SkillSelect will be functioning (I would send you a link but I can't. SkillSelect is something new that will be active from July 2012, but it can be found on immi gov site). Maybe that could speed up process.

Thanks, bye

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SkillSelect and faster visa processing has the connection:

"As a result, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship expects to significantly reduce the time taken to process a visa application and improve the settlement and employment prospects of its skilled migrants."

But 175 visa and SkillSelect have no connection, right?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance,
Miljan
I would recommend you go for 176 if you want to get the visa soon.
I agree to lifeisgood that 175 is being processed at a slower rate and the GAP between application and CO allocation is gradually going up.

The papers for DIAC are almost similar to what you would prepare for ACS.
DIAC needs all that you submit to ACS so keep those papers safe.
For e.g. if you are getting a recommendation letter from a manager then get two copies. One for ACS and one for DIAC.

You might want to consider the following steps to get a PR,

1. Select the closest ANZSCO code and apply for ACS (takes approx. 8 weeks).
2. Register and appear for IELTS.
3. After you get the IELTS result then apply for State Sponsorship. A few states accept a sponsorship application without the skills assessment. But they will grant the sponsorship once you submit the positive skills assessment. That speeds up things a bit.
4. Get family papers ready. If you are married your spouse would have to get 4.5 in IELTS or get a certificate from college/university stating that for at least 2 years the medium of instruction was English.
5. Apply GSM 176 online.

All the best,
Regards

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would recommend you go for 176 if you want to get the visa soon.
I agree to lifeisgood that 175 is being processed at a slower rate and the GAP between application and CO allocation is gradually going up.

The papers for DIAC are almost similar to what you would prepare for ACS.
DIAC needs all that you submit to ACS so keep those papers safe.
For e.g. if you are getting a recommendation letter from a manager then get two copies. One for ACS and one for DIAC.

You might want to consider the following steps to get a PR,

1. Select the closest ANZSCO code and apply for ACS (takes approx. 8 weeks).
2. Register and appear for IELTS.
3. After you get the IELTS result then apply for State Sponsorship. A few states accept a sponsorship application without the skills assessment. But they will grant the sponsorship once you submit the positive skills assessment. That speeds up things a bit.
4. Get family papers ready. If you are married your spouse would have to get 4.5 in IELTS or get a certificate from college/university stating that for at least 2 years the medium of instruction was English.
5. Apply GSM 176 online.

All the best,
Regards
You have to upload all the papers (colored scanned copies, PDF format preferred) within 28 days of applying online.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.