Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

We're just getting all of our documents in order and would appreciate it if anyone could check over what we have so far or could help us with the following questions? Your help is much appreciated!

Questions:

1. Do we need to scan in the sponsor/spouses old and new passports or is just the current one fine?

1. Our 5 year mark was 12 Dec 2020. BRP expires on 14 Feb 2021. The last payslip was 21 Dec, bank statement was 29 Dec, HR letter 12 Jan 2021. Am I correct in saying I have until the 19th Jan to be within 28 days of all issued financial correspondence?

1. Due to lockdown we were unable to easily find a place to scan our documents (although I understand this can be done for a fee at one of the centres after submitting the application) but do you believe taking a photo via our phone and trimming them appropriately, then saving as a PDF sufficient? There's quite a few good scanning apps these days but wasn't sure how strict they are on quality.

ILR (set M) 5 year checklist:

Proof of ID:
Applicants passport - all pages to be scanned
Applicants BRP
Spouse’s British passport - all pages to be scanned
Spouse declaration

Residence:
3 joint annual council tax statements from 2018/19/20
Land registry
Mortgage agreement

Correspondence - 4 joint + 6 single just in case/cover the 2.5 years equally:
August 2018: Applicant Home Office Letter (approved LLR)
Oct 2018: Spouses Bank Statement
January 2019: Joint Mortgage Statement
March 2019: Joint Water Bill
June 2019: Spouses Bank Statement
Oct 2019: Spouses Bank Statement
January 2020: Joint Mortgage Statement
March 2020: Joint Water Bill
June 2020: Applicant Bank Statement
Oct 2020: Applicant Bank Statement

Finance based on applicants income:
6 months payslips July - Dec 2020
6 months corresponding bank statements
HR letter confirming employment

Education:
Life in the UK reference #

Life events/Other:
Marriage Certificate

·
Registered
13 Posts
I
Hello!

We're just getting all of our documents in order and would appreciate it if anyone could check over what we have so far or could help us with the following questions? Your help is much appreciated!

Questions:

1. Do we need to scan in the sponsor/spouses old and new passports or is just the current one fine?

1. Our 5 year mark was 12 Dec 2020. BRP expires on 14 Feb 2021. The last payslip was 21 Dec, bank statement was 29 Dec, HR letter 12 Jan 2021. Am I correct in saying I have until the 19th Jan to be within 28 days of all issued financial correspondence?

1. Due to lockdown we were unable to easily find a place to scan our documents (although I understand this can be done for a fee at one of the centres after submitting the application) but do you believe taking a photo via our phone and trimming them appropriately, then saving as a PDF sufficient? There's quite a few good scanning apps these days but wasn't sure how strict they are on quality.

Proof of ID:
Applicants BRP
Spouse declaration

Residence:
Land registry
Mortgage agreement

Education:

Life events/Other:
Marriage Certificate
Hi, I am new to here too, so hope someone more senior will help you with your questions soon, but I noticed you didn't mention B1 certificate.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am not expert but as long as the documents are legible then there is no reason why you cannot use scanner app from phone.

If your last payslip is 21 Dec 2020 then the 28th day must be 17th of January. They said it should be 28 calendar days. Correct me if I’m wrong.

With regards to residence, I guess it only needs 1 latestcouncil tax to prove the accommodation unless you need it for your proof of cohabitation.

Again, not an expert but just trying to share my views/experiences..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!

Questions:

Proof of ID:
Applicants BRP
Spouse declaration

Residence:
Land registry
Mortgage agreement

Education:

Life events/Other:
Marriage Certificate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There,

We are just about to go through the same process as you. I would comment the following:

Not all passport pages are required - what is key is if you have any previous UK visas in any passport.
You also don't show the evidence that your English language requirement?? I know it's a painful hoop to jump through, but you need to proove the english language ability. UK Naric can convert degrees and state if they are taught in English or not...or sit a test?

The "proof of address" is always a tricky one - especially when so many bills are put into 1 persons name, but I think what you have done is appropriate. But perhaps I would make sure the last 6 months are fully covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts