Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My South African husband applied to settle in the UK, of which I am a citizen and his sponsor. We had no problems completing both the Leave to Enter and Leave to Remain forms and the relevant Appendix 2 forms regarding how we meet the financial requirements. We now have to complete the SET(M) form for ILR. However, I cannot find the relevant Financial Appendix which needs to be completed and accompany the application. This sets out the specific categories under which he will qualify financially. I have searched the UKBA website and can only find the "VAF4A - Appendix 2 Financial Requirement Form" but the front page states "This form is for use OUTSIDE the UK only". I have also written to 2 Visa Checking Services neither of whom are able to assist me. Can anyone advise me as to what the name of the form is and where I can locate this? Many thanks.

·
Registered
38,989 Posts
Relevant form, such as SET(M), contains all the financial questions you need to answer.
If your husband came after July 2012 and is due for ILR after 5 years, wait until Home Office publishes a revised SET(M) form to take account of the 2010 revisions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick response. So how would the Home Office satisfy themselves that my husband would meet the financial requirements, namely income of £18 600 or cash savings of £34 600?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again. I have now started to complete the SET(M) and refer to Section 8 which requires details of sources and levels of monthly income, but NO MENTION of CASH SAVINGS. This formed part of the Category D under which I applied on my original application as per "Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement". Should I just provide details of my Cash Savings on a blank page with bank statements to back this up? Are Cash Savings still allowable as part of the permitted financial requirements, or are they now only concerned with evidence of monthly income with which to sustain myself in the UK? Many thanks for your help. Sharon

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Cash savings is still a viable way to meet the financial requirement - You will need to fill out section 8.3 E on page 31

It's confusing, but since cash savings (Category D) isn't included in any of the categories in the overview of section 8.3 page 25 (because it is specific to income), I believe you should leave this section blank and make sure that 8.3 E is filled out completely. As per the bottom paragraph on page 25:

If the total income does not meet the minimum income threshold you must meet, you can expect your application to be refused, unless where applicable you have enough cash savings (category D) to cover the difference on the basis set out at 8.3E below.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. So sorry but I had printed out the 04/2017 version instead of the 06/2017 version, hence the reason there was no Section 8.3. No problems with the form except for one concern about Section 4 Category for ILR - there does not appear to be a box for "SPOUSE of a person settled in the UK - 5 year route". Only for 2 year route. The only 5 year routes are for a PARTNER OR PARENT. Thanks. Sharon

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
No. It's a blanket term to cover spouses, civil partners, and unmarried partners, because they all use the same form.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.