Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I think I may be in big troubles and I need some advices... Hope you can help!

So here's the situation:

I have applied for a 485 visa 2 days before my student visa run out (more than 6 months ago) and applied under a "policy and planning manager" for which I got VETASSESS to assess my skills just few days before lodging my application.... The results from VETASSESS came back negative... So without thinking of anything else, I asked to get my skills assessed for another occupation "Management consultant" which came back positive but didn't think of advising DIAC of the change of circumstances...

I heard that it is impossible to change the nominated occupation once an application is lodged... So my questions are:
- Is that true? Can't find the regulation that states that...
- Have anyone of you or people you may know been in that situation and if yes, how did you/they handle it?
- What do you think are my options? fill out an "incorrect answers" form and send to DIAC while still on bridging visa? Withdraw my application and look for another visa to apply to?
- Any advices?????

Thank you for your feedback guys! really need and appreciate it!

G

·
Valid skills assessment must be given at the time of aapplication. Without it your application will be denied so no no you can not change occupations once applied.
You can however make a new application with the new skills assessment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.