Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I am planning to have my qualifications assessed soon by the IPA (Institute of Public Accountants).

Here's my case:
I have an overseas Bachelor degree in Science that needs to be assessed as equivalent to an Australian bachelor. I am currently completing a 2 year masters degree in accounting (16-subject) in Melbourne. To date, I have successfully passed the 12 accounting subjects required by the IPA.

My question:
For anyone who was in the same situation or understands my case, were you able to apply and successfully gain a positive assessment even if you haven't finished your masters degree but have an Australian equivalent bachelor degree and have all the required 12 core accounting subjects?

I've contacted IPA about this and they told me that they will consider all my subjects to date but there's no guarantee that I'll receive a positive outcome. I figured that their response was a pretty generic one so I'm really interested on your experiences and am happy to hear any suggestions on how to go about this.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have downloaded a book from ICAA website which cross checks the papers of Australian Universities degree in Accounting against the core knowledge area of immigration. I believe if you clear even 9 (4 core and any 5 optional) then you should be good to go. Also I guess its better to wait unless you get qualified as this will give an additional fiver but only if you need them. However doing an early assessment is of no harm. In a negative event, even if they don't give you a positive assessment, you can always reassess your case when you feel you have overcome your lacking. I am sure CPA does free reassessment but not sure about IPA or CPA. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts