Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Query:

If i land in Australia and continue working for my Indian Employer then what income tax rules will apply to me? Will it be from India OR Australia?

If Indian income tax is deducted then what do i need to declare to Australian Government? Will there be again taxation on amount left after Indian income tax?

Please clarify.

I'll take an example. Lets say my Indian in hand salary is 1 Lakh INR per month after Indian income tax. How much will i get after doing the work for same Indian company by being in Australia. I understand that for a family of 2 members we need minimum income of 2500-3000 AUD per month.

Suggestions please.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello

Query:

If i land in Australia and continue working for my Indian Employer then what income tax rules will apply to me? Will it be from India OR Australia?

If Indian income tax is deducted then what do i need to declare to Australian Government? Will there be again taxation on amount left after Indian income tax?

Please clarify.

I'll take an example. Lets say my Indian in hand salary is 1 Lakh INR per month after Indian income tax. How much will i get after doing the work for same Indian company by being in Australia. I understand that for a family of 2 members we need minimum income of 2500-3000 AUD per month.

Suggestions please.

Will they pay u in India or Australia? If they r paying in India then y would U pay tax in Australia. As per my understanding since you have paid the tax once you will not be paying tax in another country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Will they pay u in India or Australia? If they r paying in India then y would U pay tax in Australia. As per my understanding since you have paid the tax once you will not be paying tax in another country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats not the case. If you are getting money while staying in australia then as per rule it is subjected to income tax.
Kaju yday replied that 2 countries will have treaty to avoid double taxation. In any case, one need to declare income to Aus Govt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts