Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I apply for the visa with my mother as a dependent? I need to bring her with me since my father passed away last year and there is no one to take care of her back home.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Can I apply for the visa with my mother as a dependent? I need to bring her with me since my father passed away last year and there is no one to take care of her back home.
You can't as far as I know. You need to apply for parent visa.

The cheap one takes 20 years + I think. The expensive one costs AUD 50,000 but is much quicker.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
No can do

Law was changed in November 2016 - only children aged under 23, at time of decision, can be a member of the family unit - except for humanitarian visas

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can't as far as I know. You need to apply for parent visa.

The cheap one takes 20 years + I think. The expensive one costs AUD 50,000 but is much quicker.
Zaback where r u bro. Long time...no news about engineer technoligists yet?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
True, from Nov 2016 you cant include parent as dependant. The Australian government is debating whether to introduce a new long term visa for parents. The waiting wont be more for this Visa. Read the FAQ's link provided in this page.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/temporary-sponsored-visa-parents

Note that medicare coverage wont be provided and you need to purchase insurance on your own for parents in this visa.

Also, note that the bill is not yet passed and is still in parliament:

The introduction of the temporary sponsored parent visa is subject to passage of the Migration Amendment (Family Violence and other Measures) Bill 2016 (the Bill) through Parliament. The Bill is currently before the Senate and if it passes in the Winter sittings the new visa will be introduced in late 2017.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can't add her in your application anymore, sorry. I am in a similar situation; have been hosting my mother on visitor visa so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts