Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am planning to include my mother (70 yrs) as "dependent relative" in my 190 visa application.

Wanted to check what documents I will be required to submit to showcase that she is dependent on me.

Thanks & regards,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is your father alive ? If not, then you have to show, certificate of death, proof that you reside in the same address as your mother, her bank account statement with no activity for at least one year, proof of relationship to her, anything that shows she is dependent on you for her expenses etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply and insights.

Yes my father is no more. I and my wife stay and take care of her.

A follow question regarding "her bank account statement with no activity for at least one year"

1. Is this a mandatory document to be submitted? Can we do without?
Its impossible to have no account activity in a bank account- Interests from saving keep falling, there will be withdrawals and deposits.

2. Will I be required to submit my mother's Income Tax filed papers?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I mean to show that she has no income or any aid from the government, I suppose you can show bank statements with some activity.
Basically to prove that she is completely dependant on you.

G

·
You need to prove she lives in your home and has done for some time prior to applying.

You need to prove she is not married. You need to show she has no income of her own to live on.

Yes you need to provide documents to evidence all of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts