Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anybody of you included in-lwas in your application as dependant and application processed successfully?
If such case then please share your experience as well as dates of visa grant, co assigned and all.

I heard if we include in-laws in application then processing becoming slow....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
yes the processing does tend to become a bit slow bcoz the number of dependents will increase...

Hi,
Anybody of you included in-lwas in your application as dependant and application processed successfully?
If such case then please share your experience as well as dates of visa grant, co assigned and all.

I heard if we include in-laws in application then processing becoming slow....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for reply,
Any idea that how much time it will take
Also do u know any one who has the same case

The time for CO allocation should be affected with the addition of in-laws. But once a case officer is assigned it will depend on your proofs that IN-Laws are dependents on you. I suppose if you cant prove their dependency you will be risking your visa to be rejected.
The CO may have questions like why they are dependent on you? do they have properties in India or if they have any source of income etc they arent your dependents. Do they have any other children are close relatives in India?
One more thing you should consider is the medicals. remember that if one fails - visa for all is rejected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tanhum for your reply.
In my case, my moother in law is dependant. I have provided an affidavit saying that she is financially dependant on me. also she has other two girls out of that one is staying in Australia and other one is staying in Andra. so nobady is in pune for takeing care as her both daugher satying away. So they have also given an affidavit saying that our mother is dependant on me and my husband.
I guess that is sufficent na.
Also my mother in law is house wife and she does not own any property..
She is getting pension of rs 450 which is too less to survie .. we have every thing that is all bank document and all affidavit
But still not received any reply from CO

If visa application reject then CO can reject only my mother in law visa application right but at lease they can grant my and my husband's visa right?

Whats are your opinion on this

G

·
No, if your CO does not believe your mother is dependent nobody will get a visa. They won't issue one without the other.

A satutory declaration will not be enough to prove dependence. They want to see hard evidence that she lives in your home, has no income or property, has no means to take care of herself. They will also ant to see evience of how you provide for her other than her living in your home. Evidence of you paying for all of her needs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, if your CO does not believe your mother is dependent nobody will get a visa. They won't issue one without the other.

A satutory declaration will not be enough to prove dependence. They want to see hard evidence that she lives in your home, has no income or property, has no means to take care of herself. They will also ant to see evience of how you provide for her other than her living in your home. Evidence of you paying for all of her needs.
Thanks for reply:
She is staying with us for this we have submited our address proofs like address on the passport are same. Then we have submited affidavit signed my me and my mother-in-law. in that she declare that she does not own any property nor has ony other income source. so she is financially dependant on me. Also one of her girl is staying in australia and other is in some other state and married so generaly in indian culture son is taking care of her paraents. We have submited every proof..
Now everything is in CO's hand ...
Worried a lot .... now its three months no reply.....
If he want to reject the application he should reject back why he is taking time...

G

·
They take their time because their is a lot of information to go through and they want to make sure they are making the correct decision and applying the correct laws and policies. Patience is the key! I'd be more worried if they came back quickly saying no as that would mean it was clear your case didn't not meet the requirements.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
They take their time because their is a lot of information to go through and they want to make sure they are making the correct decision and applying the correct laws and policies. Patience is the key! I'd be more worried if they came back quickly saying no as that would mean it was clear your case didn't not meet the requirements.

Hi _shel,
Thanks alot ...
We have not provided any false information.. And given what ever is true and proper...
But still there is little fear...as its taking long time
you are absolutly correct that there is lot og infor to verify...
let see... n hope for the best
Below is the list of documents that we have attached:
1. joint affidavit of me and my in law saying that she is dependant on me
2. joint affidavit of my mother in law's two other daughthers . it was told that our mother is depeandant on my borther and his wife that is I'm
3. Visa grant letter of my sister-in law prooves that she is not staying in india
3. rent agreement and merrigae certification of other sister in law , proves that she is not in maharashtra
4. common addres proof that is passport which proves that we both r staying under same roof
5. bank statement of my mother in law which shows that she is getting a meager amount of pension

what else can give...
this is quite enough i guess..??
what is ur views:::::::::::

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey pbhakti...any updates on ur visa?

·
Registered
186 Posts
really glad to hear that!!

i m in a similar situation that u were..so i would really appreciate ur experienced relpy...I ma in applying for my 175 visa. The issue is that in my dependants i have my wife, a kid, parents and a younger brother (19 years of age).

I understand that adding my parents as dependents in the application would weaken my case as they might not be able to clear their medicals or may b some other reason. The question is that what if i add my brother as a dependent in my application alongwith my wife nd the kid, and show the parents as non-dependents?

Please let me know:

1. Is this possible?
2. If its possible, then will it effect my chances of getting the visa?

My brother is totally dependent upon me...we are living in the same house (owned by my dad)..i pay for all his studies and needs..so do i have a solid case??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really glad to hear that!!

i m in a similar situation that u were..so i would really appreciate ur experienced relpy...I ma in applying for my 175 visa. The issue is that in my dependants i have my wife, a kid, parents and a younger brother (19 years of age).

I understand that adding my parents as dependents in the application would weaken my case as they might not be able to clear their medicals or may b some other reason. The question is that what if i add my brother as a dependent in my application alongwith my wife nd the kid, and show the parents as non-dependents?

Please let me know:

1. Is this possible?
2. If its possible, then will it effect my chances of getting the visa?

My brother is totally dependent upon me...we are living in the same house (owned by my dad)..i pay for all his studies and needs..so do i have a solid case??

Thanks!!!
I guess this is possible to include ur brother in ur application
In that case you need to create proofs..like affidavit saying that ur brother is totally financially dependant on u and he does not involve in any financial activity nor he has his own property... this affidavit must from both the side that u and ur brother... again u need to give proof which will say that u both are staying in same house....agent may help u in this mater..

·
Registered
186 Posts
thanks a lot...so do i need to submit this information at the time of application or i have to submit it when the CO asks for it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
thanks a lot Pbhakti...u've been a real help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.