Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Expats

I'm a new member around here, so I'd literally need u hold my hand through the process of my planned move abroad.

I am from East Africa (Tanzania ) I am due to complete my MBA
Later this year I have worked my way to a senior position in the insurance industry in a span of a lititle over 3 years.

I am looking to move to an English speaking country in Europe or Asia, say 6 months from now

Any pointers would be appreciated. Where would I start looking?
What should I ready for the move? Etc

Thank u in advance

·
Administrator
49,839 Posts
For most English speaking countries, you more or less need to have a job lined up with an employer who can and will sponsor your visa application. There are other ways to get there, but you need to offer some sort of "unique" qualification, skill or experience.

A second (or third) language would definitely help. But in any event, you should probably start job hunting now via job hunting websites (Monster, StepStone, etc.) and checking the websites of large international companies that are of interest to you.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could I do this via a recruitment agency bcz it is nearly impossible to land jobs online otherwise, must I arrange to go thr physically?

·
Administrator
49,839 Posts
Could I do this via a recruitment agency bcz it is nearly impossible to land jobs online otherwise, must I arrange to go thr physically?
A recruitment agency can present your CV to a company, but if they are interested, you'll have to arrange to make a visit for a face to face interview at some stage. You work out with the recruiter what your availability might be - could you be over there (at your own expense) on very short notice? Or would you have to schedule a "vacation trip" during which you could arrange to see a potential employer?

It's not easy but then again, it's not easy for the employer to justify hiring a foreigner anywhere these days.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts