Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
advice needed as some of the properties we are viewing do not have pools but have room to put one in. I initially thought about a small above ground pool but have had some input to say these don't last long. Does anyone know of any installers where I can get a quote/some idea of the costs so I can factor it into our budget if needed? :emptybath:
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
Hi,
advice needed as some of the properties we are viewing do not have pools but have room to put one in. I initially thought about a small above ground pool but have had some input to say these don't last long. Does anyone know of any installers where I can get a quote/some idea of the costs so I can factor it into our budget if needed? :emptybath:
Thanks
Aqualine do fibreglass pools which in my opinion are the hardiest and have a much longer life than tiled pools or liners.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Hi,
Thanks
The bigger above the ground pools, if you by that mean Bestway, Intertex etc can last long if they are properly taken care of. Their biggest enemy is sun that in the long run make the material brittle. .

Our neighbor has the biggest Bestway available in Europe . it is 24 ft x 12 ft. They have had in for about five years and it is still in good condition.

Today this pool cost around 1000 € here in Cyprus including sand-filter pump cover etc.

24ft Rectangular Steel Pro Pool | Metal Frame Swimming Pools | Bestway UK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. we want a small one so will look into it more. Veronica I found website but it is unavailable. Are they still in business? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think ours will spend some time in it as well! She will prob require the odd Pina colada and a belly massage to go with it! I need it to do my back/hydrotherapy exercises That company do steel ones as well now albeit quite expensive. We want something that we can enclose to make it more attractive.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
I think ours will spend some time in it as well! She will prob require the odd Pina colada and a belly massage to go with it! I need it to do my back/hydrotherapy exercises That company do steel ones as well now albeit quite expensive. We want something that we can enclose to make it more attractive.
Remember that a chlorinated pool is a very un-healthy environment for a dog. Thats why we have bought one just for the dog. We don't use chlorine, or any other chemical. Instead we change water every week, but we have our own water in the garden so it is simple

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember that a chlorinated pool is a very un-healthy environment for a dog. Thats why we have bought one just for the dog. We don't use chlorine, or any other chemical. Instead we change water every week, but we have our own water in the garden so it is simple
She will get a hose down don't worry. Good idea about a small one for her though.

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
Polly as far as I know Aqualine are still in business. If not there are other companies who install fibreglass pools.

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
That's odd:confused:

Actually I think the above ground pools look pretty ugly compared to a proper pool.
I know they are cheaper because because you don't have to dig and prepare a hole for them but the in ground pools are much more attractive to look at.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
That's odd:confused:

Actually I think the above ground pools look pretty ugly compared to a proper pool.
I know they are cheaper because because you don't have to dig and prepare a hole for them but the in ground pools are much more attractive to look at.
It has ofc to do with the price also. An above ground pool perhaps cost 5% of a real pool. Quite a difference

·
Banned
403 Posts
Some above ground pools look fantastic. As they have raised decking around them and attractive fencing with nice wide steps. The big expense with an inground pool is the the hole to be dug and shaped.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
The big expense with an inground pool is the the hole to be dug and shaped.
Actually that is not right. With concrete pools the big expense is building all the shuttering and the concrete itself. With our fibreglass pool it's pretty expensive to build the actual pool structure and then transport it to site. Our worst quote for digging the hole was €1000 which was rejected as absurd and the eventual cost was around half that.

Pete

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Where did you get your fibreglass pool from Pete and Sylv?
It was Total Pool Solutions but I understand that the company is no longer trading.

I would not recommend them anyway unless you stand guard over everything that the boss does as he attempts to cut corners at every opportunity to save a cent or 2.

Pete

1 - 20 of 24 Posts