Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My wife settlement visa application has been refused recently, reason being: not enough evidence was provided to prove legitimate relationship (wife and husband).

My wife is Syrian and she lives in Syria. Because of the situation in Syria at the moment, I could not travel to Syria. So I gave my father power of attorney and authorised him to act on behlaf of me to sign the marriage contract.

The papers I provided in my application to prove our legitimate relationship are:

- Marriage contract - official, registered in the government and always recognised lefitimate in the UK

- Communication history off six months over: Skype, Viber and email

- Statements from members of my family and her family confirming the legitimacy of the marriage (with a very statement a photocopy of te passport of the person is attached)

- We met twice after being in a relationship outside Syria (in Turkey) and we only took pictures in the second time we met, we were married then. We did not take pictures in the first time we met because we were only engaged (culture came into play here)

- We have clarified our situaton in the personal statements of applicant and sponsor: we clarified that the war situation in Syria was behind the proxy marriage and did not allow for meeting with my wife more often,

We did not have a wedding, because of the war situation.

I do not know what other pieces of evidence can be provided to support my case with its special circumstances.

Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Sorry for going long.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Statements from friends and family members have no clout whatsoever...

Are all of your documents in English, or otherwise, accompanied by a translation?

Was this an arranged marriage?

Did you include a letter detailing how you met and fell in love, your relationship history, circumstances of your engagement and marriage, plans for the future?

A proxy marriage is supposed to be treated as legitimate if everything else stands up, but it's an enormous red flag that a marriage may be fraudulent, and it's a loophole to which entry clearance officers are highly sensitive. Considering having evidence of only meeting one another once, marriage by proxy, and the extremely short relationship (6 months according to your communication I presume) I am not surprised that this was refused :( Explaining your proxy marriage due to the war in Syria might have given you a pass if the relationship looked genuine, but it doesn't... The refusal letter will tell you which points the ECO was not satisfied with, that's where you start building evidence, but it seems most likely that they will look for evidence which you cannot currently produce (like more evidence of having met one another in person)

Reactions: HazemAH
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.