Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my maiden post in the forum. I am currently working on IMS monitoring with monitoring tools such as IRIS JDSU. I take care of the monitoring network for the current profile. I also have a good knowledge of the IMS call flows and the the networking of the IMS Network elements.
I have previous experience in the Telecom switches for Cisco and Arbor networks - these handle the Layer 7 optimization strategies on the ISP end.

I have had certifications on CCNA /CCNP. Have good understanding of the VMware and virtual technologies.

Can someone help me decide if I need to choose the title of "Telecommunications Engineer" or "Telecommunication Network Engineer"

Confused.:confused:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Any piece of information would help. Any pointers?
Did you check who is the assessing authority for those two skills which you mentioned here?

Better to check for more details on their website before proceeding further.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you check who is the assessing authority for those two skills which you mentioned here?

Better to check for more details on their website before proceeding further.
The task responsibility for the to skills are generic and i wasn't able to find the SOL for IMS and voip skills.
I am wondering if i should go with Network engineer skill instead?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

This is my maiden post in the forum. I am currently working on IMS monitoring with monitoring tools such as IRIS JDSU. I take care of the monitoring network for the current profile. I also have a good knowledge of the IMS call flows and the the networking of the IMS Network elements.
I have previous experience in the Telecom switches for Cisco and Arbor networks - these handle the Layer 7 optimization strategies on the ISP end.

I have had certifications on CCNA /CCNP. Have good understanding of the VMware and virtual technologies.

Can someone help me decide if I need to choose the title of "Telecommunications Engineer" or "Telecommunication Network Engineer"

Confused.:confused:
Telecommunication Network Engineer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.