Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This might be a Long Shot, but my Friend has a couple of British Bars in Spain and he would like to Import Two or Three "British" Fruit Machines or Bandits as they are sometimes called. He has some"Spanish Machines but his customers find them "Boring". He can get them converted to Euros, but can anyone on here comment on the Legality of this ? Thanks..... Chris

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I can't tell you much, except that in principle each Autonomous Community has its own regulations.

There is a national legislative body called DGOJ (Dirección General de Ordenación del Juego) and its corresponding legislation dating from 2011.

How the CAs are allowed to, or supposed to, apply the national legislation I have not investigated.

But what is clear is that you cannot simply rock up and put a machine in use without complying with both the local and national regulations.

First stop would be the Ayuntamiento in my opinion.

Otherwise, look on any existing machines for a "compliance certificate", note down the details of the issuer, and give them a call.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't tell you much, except that in principle each Autonomous Community has its own regulations.

There is a national legislative body called DGOJ (Dirección General de Ordenación del Juego) and its corresponding legislation dating from 2011.

How the CAs are allowed to, or supposed to, apply the national legislation I have not investigated.

But what is clear is that you cannot simply rock up and put a machine in use without complying with both the local and national regulations.

First stop would be the Ayuntamiento in my opinion.

Otherwise, look on any existing machines for a "compliance certificate", note down the details of the issuer, and give them a call.
Thanks for your reply Overandout

1 - 3 of 3 Posts