Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per ACS site, "All multiple page files are required to be consolidated into 1 (one) PDF file for each Attachment Type."

- how do I make a multiple pages file from jpg format to single page PDF format. Please help.

Passport pages needs to be uploaded, so I guess I will have to make single pdf file with all relevant pages of passport in single pdf file, please tell me how I do this.
thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I used a software 'pdfsam' which is very good one for this type of file operations. try that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
indian01 said:
As per ACS site, "All multiple page files are required to be consolidated into 1 (one) PDF file for each Attachment Type."

- how do I make a multiple pages file from jpg format to single page PDF format. Please help.

Passport pages needs to be uploaded, so I guess I will have to make single pdf file with all relevant pages of passport in single pdf file, please tell me how I do this.
thanks.
I sent a paper application to ACS. So I do not have first hand experience. However, I can suggest the following :

A. Rescan your pages and extract a PDF scanned images
B. There are tools available to convert existing jpeg files to single PDF files
C. There are tools available to merge multiple PDF files into a single PDF files. They cost around USD 60 or so

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
628 Posts
whatever bangalg says can be done via that free software. put the images in a doc file and covert that to pdf. spend that money on beer instead :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
dreamaus said:
whatever bangalg says can be done via that free software. put the images in a doc file and covert that to pdf. spend that money on beer instead :)
Hey dreamaus,
Can pdfsam also merge multiple PDF files into one? I need such a tool.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hey dreamaus,
Can pdfsam also merge multiple PDF files into one? I need such a tool.

I used it for merge, split, converting to pdf, reducing size of pdf by reducing dpi and many more are there which I don't know

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its easy mate - go to any local designer (anyone who works on banners, brochures, printing etc) who definitely uses Coral Draw or inDesign - he will charge you 200-500 for this job. Don't waste time doing untidy work yourself.

Those tools are well made to all this in seconds. Cheers!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Download and install CutePDF, this allow you to print ANYTHING as a PDF document. It is installed as a "printer" so you need to go to print option.

CutePDF - The free PDF Converter, Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities.

Then to merge separate documents into a single PDF you can use PDFTK Builder, you just selet the different PDF documents and save as a new single document.

PDFTK Builder Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Don't bother going and paying for something that can be done in a minute and the software is free. If you can submit an ACS application you can do it yourself!

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks!

Cheers!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your prompt responses. I searched over the net and found 2 free software. One to convert images to PDF and other one to combine multiple pdfs into single pdf file.

1) Dragoman - Files 8: Dragoman
2) iCombiner - Files 8: iCombiner

Please find the link here in this youtube
for quick 3 min tutorial.

Thanks all once again. By the way this is for Mac, same should be available for windows OS as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.