1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi guys just read this new addition to US application process and wanted to give everyone a heads up.

"From 1 October 2014, we will no longer be able to return documents using any form of FedEx waybills. Please ensure that you purchase your prepaid return waybill from an alternative mail provider."

full link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa
Yikes! It was the preferred provider via the forum. I wonder what happened!

·
Registered
86 Posts
No idea. FedEx is always super reliable for me. Unlike USPS and UPS, which are now the pretty much the only ones you can use for sending the app. Thumbs down.
Well my precious package left Sheffield today via FedEx! The last day before the new rules! Shew!

·
Registered
48 Posts
VFS from Canada always uses DHL, so maybe this is going to be the new preferred method.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm SO glad I missed this change in rules! I'm supposed to get my package back today (visa hopefully inside!) and I've been refreshing my FedEx tracking every five minutes since Monday. I shudder about trying to do that UPS or worse... USPS!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hope this is only for new applications only was we included a prepaid return FedEx in our application - would be ridiculous if it applied to existing applications but it wouldn't surprise me with this lot

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I hope this is only for new applications only was we included a prepaid return FedEx in our application - would be ridiculous if it applied to existing applications but it wouldn't surprise me with this lot
It's likely they'll ask you for a new electronic waybill (or actually your account number) from another carrier which you will then email to them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh no!! We didn't see this before we sent our package from FedEx...

This is our timeline:

Location applying from: USA
Type of visa: Settlement (Wife) Priority
Office Processing VISA: Sheffield
Online application submitted: Sept 29
Biometrics Completed: Oct 1
Documents sent: Oct 3
Documents received in Sheffield email: Oct 6

What do you guys think we should do?
We included a FedEx envelope and the return shipping waybill but is the October 1st 'no more FedEx date' for the online applications made after Oct 1st, or when they received your documents? I hope this doesn't mess our application up or delay it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wasn't sure I'd get mine back via FedEx, but I did. Though, I sent mine out early September.

If they won't send it back via FedEx, they will likely ask you to sign up for an account on a different courier service, like UPS or DHL, and send them your account number via email and they will handle the sending it. I'm sure you won't be the first person to have missed the recent change.

It might make you feel better to go ahead and sign up for an account on one of the others (UPS was easier for me, I kept having issues with the DHL form) so you immediately have an account number to send, IF they ask for one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
UKI no longer accepting Fedex return waybills?

I just noticed this announcement on the UKBA website:

From 1 October 2014, we will no longer be able to return documents using any form of FedEx waybills. Please ensure that you purchase your prepaid return waybill from an alternative mail provider.

Unfortunately my wife posted documents this week using Fedex with a waybill.

I am going to call UKBA when they open this morning to see what we need to do, but I wanted to make people aware as I know Fedex are a popular courier that many forum posters have used.

Has anyone else been in this situation since the change?

I guess we will need to post another return waybill with another company and get that to Sheffield so they can return our documents with them??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just noticed this announcement on the UKBA website:

From 1 October 2014, we will no longer be able to return documents using any form of FedEx waybills. Please ensure that you purchase your prepaid return waybill from an alternative mail provider.

Unfortunately my wife posted documents this week using Fedex with a waybill.

I am going to call UKBA when they open this morning to see what we need to do, but I wanted to make people aware as I know Fedex are a popular courier that many forum posters have used.

Has anyone else been in this situation since the change?

I guess we will need to post another return waybill with another company and get that to Sheffield so they can return our documents with them??
Yeah, search through the threads, but I've seen a couple of people mention they've had to just create a courier account with UPS so UKBA can create a label and charge the account. It doesn't seem to stressful, and it seems like you caught it early. I'd just call them and see what they want you to do.

Personally, I feel like they can't really fault people for something they just casually slipped into their website copy a few weeks ago.

Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
I've put this up as a sticky at the top of the page for the time being so that (hopefully) those who are preparing to ship to Sheffield see it and find an alternate supplier for their waybill(s).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.