Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much ado, my package is at the local UPS Store, why it's there I have no idea since my home address was on the label. Now the UPS Store called me and said Import Taxes are 138USD. Is this normal? I already paid 150 for shipping :(

·
Registered
924 Posts
Well after much ado, my package is at the local UPS Store, why it's there I have no idea since my home address was on the label. Now the UPS Store called me and said Import Taxes are 138USD. Is this normal? I already paid 150 for shipping :(
I got my visa in the US as well. There should be no charges for receiving your personal property back. Talk to the management and go above them if necessary.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will file an official complaint. That's crazy to charge that much for documents.

Good news is that myself and my daughter have our visas!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks, I will file an official complaint. That's crazy to charge that much for documents.

Good news is that myself and my daughter have our visas!!
How do you know - did you pay the money already??

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes, I had to. They refused to give me my package unless I paid.
:( That's too bad. I don't know how much luck you'll have after the fact. I hope you pursue it as it wasn't right.

At least the good news is that you have your visas. :) Enjoy getting ready to come over. You'll be here at a lovely time of year.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, after all the stress I had gone through I just wanted my package to ensure that we were approved.

I'm so excited! Now time to get packing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.