Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I will be studying at the University of Monaco starting this September but will be doing so by living in France as the cost of living in Monaco is very high.

The French government issues a "Long Term Visitor Visa" for this purpose tough I am student because my college is technically not in France.

My question is when I move in to France on this Visa would I be liable to pay Import duties or any other taxes on my used personal items like a laptop, ipad and a kindle?

Any clear help in this matter will be greatly apprecaited

Regards

·
Registered
358 Posts
I guess what Bev mentioned is the strict rule, however my experience with customs was very straightforward. just explaining the reason I am coming to France and that these are my personal items and everything went smooth, nothing was paid and I didn't have to prove any purchase dates, just papers supporting why you are coming to France.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Shoot, customs at CDG never checks anything in your suitcases, or has you prepare any forms like when returning to the US. Unless you have it shipped or mailed over, I wouldn't worry about anything you carry with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts