Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked around, to no avail, so does anyone know the French government website that would tell me the various rates of import duty on different things? I'm particularly interested in the rate on guitar amplifiers.

Tanks.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
It would be on the EU website.

You'd need to figure out the class and maybe check country of origin.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can't help with info on various rates of import duty, but unless you're after importing a particularly expensive high-end Fender amp or similar, have you checked out the EU Thomann website. I've ordered keyboard accessories, audio interfaces etc from them several times and their service is excellent.
You may even find the amp of your choice in one of the many 'Cash-back' French stores. Whenever I go into one, the music section is usually packed with music amplifiers of all makes & models.
In addition try LeBolnCoin which I also use frequently - I note there are currently over 900 Fender amps there for sale, and over 60 in my department alone. You may get lucky!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't help with info on various rates of import duty, but unless you're after importing a particularly expensive high-end Fender amp or similar, have you checked out the EU Thomann website. I've ordered keyboard accessories, audio interfaces etc from them several times and their service is excellent.
You may even find the amp of your choice in one of the many 'Cash-back' French stores. Whenever I go into one, the music section is usually packed with music amplifiers of all makes & models.
In addition try LeBolnCoin which I also use frequently - I note there are currently over 900 Fender amps there for sale, and over 60 in my department alone. You may get lucky!
I usually buy my stuff from Thomann, even stopped over to visit their store in Germany a while back, but the amp I want (a small, 6V6 version of a Dumble) is a custom made one from Ceriatone in Mayasia. 4-5 months for the build and half the price of anything comparable.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I usually buy my stuff from Thomann, even stopped over to visit their store in Germany a while back, but the amp I want (a small, 6V6 version of a Dumble) is a custom made one from Ceriatone in Mayasia. 4-5 months for the build and half the price of anything comparable.
Is Mayasia where Theresa sent the migrants she had deported?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts