Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My B1 visa was rejected when I had 2.5 years of exp. The consulate gave the reason that I am someone with more exp should travel.

I have total of 9.5 years of exp. Recently I applied for "B1 in lieu of H1" Visa. Under this visa one can go to US and do the development task ( coding etc), but the duration could be around 3-4 months at max.
This time also, my visa got rejected and reason what consulate gave me that I have applied under wrong VISA category.

For different reasons, I have 2 rejections on my passport.

I just want to know, if I reapply, just for B1 and if it gets rejected, will it have impact if in future i ever apply for L1 or H1, from some other organization??

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
B1 is not a "how to get around H1B and code for a couple of months in the US" visa. You can read up details about B1 on uscis.gov and travel.state.gov. B1 has been abused by a group of applicants and applications are being reviewed based on need and use.
You not only have these rejections in your passport but they are on file for every entry and visa application. One of the questions on every visa application is "have you ever been refused a visa".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand your point, that in all new visa application, we have to ans or give reasoning for the past rejections if any.

However, you got me wrong that that I was trying to apply for B1 for doing coding or any sort of development activity.

There is a separate visa category "B1 in lieu of H1" where the job description says that one can do development activity. The same was mentioned in my DS160 and was prepared by the legal team sitting in US. So there was no question of misusing.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I understand your point, that in all new visa application, we have to ans or give reasoning for the past rejections if any.

However, you got me wrong that that I was trying to apply for B1 for doing coding or any sort of development activity.

There is a separate visa category "B1 in lieu of H1" where the job description says that one can do development activity. The same was mentioned in my DS160 and was prepared by the legal team sitting in US. So there was no question of misusing.
Please post an official link for b1 in lieu of H1 for work being provided in the US.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi,

There is no effect of visa rejection on further application unless someone did not produces some fake documents. My B1/B2 visa application was rejected 2 times and after that i got the H1B and currently in US. I also never heard about "B1 in lieu of H1".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts