Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Looking into planning a trip to Iran next month (1st time), and would like to know what the repercussions are for having an Iranian visa/entry stamp in the UAE. Our group will be a mixture of UAE residents and visitors on UAE tourist visas. I would like to know if the UAE might reject visas (whether tourist or residence permits) simply for having been to Iran.
If we go, we will be flying directly from DXB, so the UAE might keep record of travel to Iran that way. What I am worried about is some sort of future blanket ban, or extended processing every single time one of our party travels in and out or applies/renews a UAE visa.

·
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,822 Posts
Hi,
I don't believe it will be an issue with the UAE - but it will possibly cause you problems if you ever intend to travel to the USA, sometime in the future.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.
US immigration will at most ask me additional questions or send me to secondary screening, but they do not impose a blanket ban nor does Iran travel invalidate a US visa. If anything, they have been quite clear on what the consequences are for people with previous Iran travel (ineligible to travel under VWP etc.).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts