Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for immigration as welder, Need some expert views to clear some confusion.
I started working as helper in 1996.
In 2006 I have applied as Fitter to TRA (Trade reorganization Authority) But I didnt had Trade diploma so they refused me in their assessment.
In 2007 I have started working as Welder in the same company.
In 2010 I have started 3 Years trade Diploma which was completed in 2012.
Presently I am working as Senior welder in a utility company and want to apply for Immigration.
I am student of B.Tech(2 years) final semester student which will complete in april 2014.

Will they count my working experience which is before completion of my trade diploma ?
Do u guess think I am eligible for immigration?
I also want to Improve my education further , so What trade specific education options do I have ? As I am 35 Years old.

I would really appreciate comment , suggestions and expert views please

mak

G

·
You would probably pass a skills assessment having qualified but you would not be able to get points for work prior to your trade diploma as it is classed as unskilled.

You could try and boost your points with ielts or getting your wifes skills assessed if you are married.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I scored IELTS Academic Band socre 6.5 (Speaking 7, Listening 7, Reading 5.5, Writing 6 ). My Wife is a Nurse she has passed the diploma of nursing recently.

G

·
So if she can pass ilets she should try for main applicant. Nurses are in great demand always and will be sponsored by all states.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think she can take good band score in IELTS may be she will be able to score 5(Not sure). thats why I am applying as a main applicant and she doesnt have work experience .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts