Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning to move to New Zealand. Kindly help me about the steps involved in the immigration process.

Myself, Network Engineer with Masters in IT, with 11 years of experience, and wife is Diploma in Nursing with 7 years of experience.

Regards,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to move to New Zealand. Kindly help me about the steps involved in the immigration process.

Myself, Network Engineer with Masters in IT, with 11 years of experience, and wife is Diploma in Nursing with 7 years of experience.

Regards,
Hi Valooran,

First of all you must check the eligibility since I could observe a few points as below:
  • Masters in IT (Level 9), is not always capable of allowing for an occupation requiring Level 7. If you have another Level 7 qualification (graduate degree), it might help better. In my case I had level 7 and level 9, and so I had to apply on the basis of level 7 only; after being rejected on Level 9 saying it is over-qualified, at EOI phase.
  • Have a look at Computer Network & Systems Engineer. I assumed your occupation is Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111) or Network Administrator (263112). Both occupations are in Long Term Skills Shortage List, so you may go for the one which is closest match to yours.
  • In your wife's case, I guess it seems quite fine, but just make sure you go with the desired specialization because Registered Nurse have like almost 12 variants in different fields in health services.
  • Verify your achievable points here in the Points Indicator. If you get 140+ points, I would recommend you to start the process as soon as possible. If you don't feel enough qualified from the points indicator, try the other way around by considering your wife as applicant.

Finally if you decide to go for it, start with preparing your educational documents. The most painful part is to get Transcript from your colleges and official syllabus copies from university you studied. Visit NZ Qualifications Authority for more information.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Valooran,

First of all you must check the eligibility since I could observe a few points as below:
  • Masters in IT (Level 9), is not always capable of allowing for an occupation requiring Level 7. If you have another Level 7 qualification (graduate degree), it might help better. In my case I had level 7 and level 9, and so I had to apply on the basis of level 7 only; after being rejected on Level 9 saying it is over-qualified, at EOI phase.
  • Have a look at Computer Network & Systems Engineer. I assumed your occupation is Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111) or Network Administrator (263112). Both occupations are in Long Term Skills Shortage List, so you may go for the one which is closest match to yours.
  • In your wife's case, I guess it seems quite fine, but just make sure you go with the desired specialization because Registered Nurse have like almost 12 variants in different fields in health services.
  • Verify your achievable points here in the Points Indicator. If you get 140+ points, I would recommend you to start the process as soon as possible. If you don't feel enough qualified from the points indicator, try the other way around by considering your wife as applicant.

Finally if you decide to go for it, start with preparing your educational documents. The most painful part is to get Transcript from your colleges and official syllabus copies from university you studied. Visit NZ Qualifications Authority for more information.
HI Mr. Ravi,

Thsnk for your valuable feedback. have some more doubts.

Can you clarify the level 7 job.
my skill area is Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111)
Eduational documents - do we need to send the original Degree Certificate or Notary Certified copy will do?

Regards,

·
Registered
20 Posts
HI Mr. Ravi,

Thsnk for your valuable feedback. have some more doubts.

Can you clarify the level 7 job.
my skill area is Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111)
Eduational documents - do we need to send the original Degree Certificate or Notary Certified copy will do?

Regards,
Glad to help you, Valooran!

Level 7 is not a job level. It is the level of your qualification. You can get more idea about levels defined by NZQA here.
And, Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111) is not skill area, it is an occupation defined by ANZSCO which is standard for New Zealand and Australia.

These jargons really seem to be simple but they are actually quite technical and a small here and there makes a lot of difference. At max, it can affect a the decision on which you will be granted visa or not. Don't worry at this moment, its just a beginning. NZ government websites are quite organised and they give a lot of information, considering almost all aspects and least possible circumstances of the applicants.

For educational documents question, usually applicants go for PAR (Pre Assessment Results) which is preliminary, but optional phase to determine whether you want to continue to process your application or not. With PAR, no documents are required. It is just based on the information you provide to NZQA. Otherwise, instead of PAR, you can go directly with IQA (International Qualifications Assessment) which is a mandatory, at least after you have secured ITA (Invitation to Apply) from Immigration New Zealand. The IQA stage needs all original documents. Notary or certified documents are accepted in this phase only for non-qualification documents (e.g. to prove your identity, you can submit certified copies of passports, etc.). But for qualification documents, you must submit original marksheets, transcript, certified official syllabus, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts