Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 19929 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My name is Naumaan latif and I have applied for Immigration under 176. I got sponsorship from Victoria. I had applied for ICT Business Analyst skill with more than 12 years of experience in IT and Telecom industry in my CV but ACS counted only 5 years because of less details available from previous employers. I have a few general questions.

I applies for immigration in May 2011, i.e. after SS was awarded. Since then I havent been asked for medical call yet. I did send an email to the visa processing officer and got a response that its in security checks. This was in Jan this year. So I was wondering that why is it taking so much. A few factors which I believe are:

• Pakistan is a high risk area
  • I have a lot of international traveling including EU, ME, Asia and Africa

Another important point here is that the visa officer was assigned by end June last year. So what is the general opinion on the time it takes for these checks to be completed.

Thanks!

Naumaan

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are people from other High Risk countries also likely to go through these security checks? Did any Indian need to go through these security checks? If so how much time did that take?

Reactions: colmw1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have observed, I believe Indians also have to go through these security checks but the process is faster in their case. I am sure the other participants will be able to give you more details.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Security checks also varies case to case. In my case, CO was assigned in Feb 2011 and i didn't receive Medical/Pcc call yet.

Yes, indian applicants also have security checks but it takes very less time as compared to Pakistani Applicants. Roughly 3-6 months.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello All

I have launched 176 (NSW) application today. As being from HR country and based on your experience when would I expect PCC / Medicals. Will it take 2-3 months to get PCC / Medical request.

Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hello All

I have launched 176 (NSW) application today. As being from HR country and based on your experience when would I expect PCC / Medicals. Will it take 2-3 months to get PCC / Medical request.

Thanks
Dear Imran;

My CO was assigned after 03 months of lodging,whereas medical and PCC requested after 18 months of lodging.I don't know the exact reason for delay (if any) but following might underpin or justify it:

1-Change of CO in between;
2-Extensive security checks - HR country;
3-Birth of my son;
4-IELTS requirement was enhanced to stay in the priority category - I improved my IELTS band to 7/each accordingly to retain priority category.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dear Hassan

You are right. It seems that there is no point front loading as we are from HR country otherwise PCC will be outdated. Anyways whats the validity period for UAE PCC and medicals. How long it took for you to get UAE PCC.

Also for my wife, will there be separate PCC that is one before marriage (having name before marriage and her residence) and one after marriage (current name after marriage and change in residence).

Take Care

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dear Hassan

You are right. It seems that there is no point front loading as we are from HR country otherwise PCC will be outdated. Anyways whats the validity period for UAE PCC and medicals. How long it took for you to get UAE PCC.

Also for my wife, will there be separate PCC that is one before marriage (having name before marriage and her residence) and one after marriage (current name after marriage and change in residence).

Take Care
Dear Imran;

Thanks for your message.

Please note that,I've got the request for PCC and Medicals after 08 days of landing in UAE-so I didn't need to give UAE PCC,though have done my medicals in AUH.I believe PCC and medicals are valid for one year regardless of country of origin.

For your wife you'll need only current PCC that is post marriage after name change and existing address.Assuming that you've got your wife's name changed on all documents(CNIC and Passport) so you can have her PCC from Pakistan in the current name if she has lived for 12 months or more in UAE.

Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My name is Naumaan latif and I have applied for Immigration under 176. I got sponsorship from Victoria. I had applied for ICT Business Analyst skill with more than 12 years of experience in IT and Telecom industry in my CV but ACS counted only 5 years because of less details available from previous employers. I have a few general questions.

I applies for immigration in May 2011, i.e. after SS was awarded. Since then I havent been asked for medical call yet. I did send an email to the visa processing officer and got a response that its in security checks. This was in Jan this year. So I was wondering that why is it taking so much. A few factors which I believe are:

• Pakistan is a high risk area
  • I have a lot of international traveling including EU, ME, Asia and Africa

Another important point here is that the visa officer was assigned by end June last year. So what is the general opinion on the time it takes for these checks to be completed.

Thanks!

Naumaan

dear,

i work in qatatr...

can i get ur mobno plz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All ..
would someone be able to confirm how long does it take for the CO to change the status of the uploaded documents to "Met" from "Requested" ??
I have uploaded all the required documents (included the new long version of form-80) on 2nd of May 2012, but still all the documents are showing as "Requested"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi All ..
would someone be able to confirm how long does it take for the CO to change the status of the uploaded documents to "Met" from "Requested" ??
I have uploaded all the required documents (included the new long version of form-80) on 2nd of May 2012, but still all the documents are showing as "Requested"
Its Not necessary that your doc status will change to MET from requested. In most cases Status is still REQUIRED even after VISA GRANT. so do not rely on Online status thing.

For others please go through Online Excel sheet link in my signature, you will get a clear idea of security checks and medical/pcc call duration. In Case of Addition or updation of your data then do let me know on the email address mentioned on the TOP of Excel sheet.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its Not necessary that your doc status will change to MET from requested. In most cases Status is still REQUIRED even after VISA GRANT. so do not rely on Online status thing.

For others please go through Online Excel sheet link in my signature, you will get a clear idea of security checks and medical/pcc call duration. In Case of Addition or updation of your data then do let me know on the email address mentioned on the TOP of Excel sheet.

Good luck
Thanks ...
appreciate the quick reply ..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah thats true. Infact due to some system error my gender was recorded as male & they immediately requested for new form 80 and many more documents but within 10 minutes my CO sent me an email that now that the error has been rectified, there is no need for you to send all these documents:)
This is interesting! females have a different set of rules for them, great! can you tell me what else we don't have to do, what is form 80? I am a female applicant myself

·
Registered
716 Posts
This is interesting! females have a different set of rules for them, great! can you tell me what else we don't have to do, what is form 80? I am a female applicant myself
Females don't necessarily have a separate set of rules (the anti-discrimination laws make them illegal in fact).

However, male applicants seem to have more drawn out security checks.

Form 80 is the "Personal Particulars for Character Assessment" form. It's required for most GSM visas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Females don't necessarily have a separate set of rules (the anti-discrimination laws make them illegal in fact).

However, male applicants seem to have more drawn out security checks.

Form 80 is the "Personal Particulars for Character Assessment" form. It's required for most GSM visas.
Thanks, after all the time it is taking for Cat 5s, the security check better not take too much time!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello All

I was under the impression that status ABPF is similar to CO being assigned, however after going through the sheet by immiseeker, I feel that is not the case.

So I have applied on 16Apr and my status changed to ABPF on 5thMay. So does that mean I have not been assigned a CO til now.

Iam worried as 28 days have already passed and I have got no mail from any CO or any further directions. Should I give them a call or drop them a mail about this concern?

Please help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@immiseeker: nice excel sheet. :)

From what I can gather, it is normally taking 12-18 months for the visa grants after CO allocation. Visa type 175 or 176 don't matter much either.

Include my details in your sheet as well please. My timelines have all the required info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@immiseeker: nice excel sheet. :)

From what I can gather, it is normally taking 12-18 months for the visa grants after CO allocation. Visa type 175 or 176 don't matter much either.

Include my details in your sheet as well please. My timelines have all the required info.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i can add my info to the excel sheet...do i need to have some rights for that?

1 - 20 of 19929 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.