Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received the visa grant for my 190PR application. I have to arrive before 25th July'2018. Due to some personal constraints, I am planning to go for a week to get my visa stamped and make it valid. Can you help me with questions an immigration officer can ask me during my visit ?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi,

I received the visa grant for my 190PR application. I have to arrive before 25th July'2018. Due to some personal constraints, I am planning to go for a week to get my visa stamped and make it valid. Can you help me with questions an immigration officer can ask me during my visit ?
Officer at Indian Immigration counter may ask a bit, about your purpose of visit, where will you be staying etc, normal questions just to ascertain you are a genuine person

Officer at Australian Immigration will also ask a few normal questions regarding purpose of visit etc,

there will be no stamping in passport as they have stopped the process way back, they will just scan your passport and your first entry will be updated in their records.

Reactions: bblazingd31

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Officer at Indian Immigration counter may ask a bit, about your purpose of visit, where will you be staying etc, normal questions just to ascertain you are a genuine person

Officer at Australian Immigration will also ask a few normal questions regarding purpose of visit etc,

there will be no stamping in passport as they have stopped the process way back, they will just scan your passport and your first entry will be updated in their records.
@Sultan_azam - Thanks for your reply. I am planning for a very short trip of 5-7 days. Will that be a problem? I want to show my first entry and then come back after I settle things at home.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
@Sultan_azam - Thanks for your reply. I am planning for a very short trip of 5-7 days. Will that be a problem? I want to show my first entry and then come back after I settle things at home.
no problem with 5-7 days trip, Happy journey

·
Registered
579 Posts
Better plan for two weeks so that you can get the PR card and other stuff during this time. Works out even better when you want to go back.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hi,

Since you hold a PR visa, they may not ask you anything. You are perfectly entitled to enter Australia, but if they do ask you can simply let them know you are visiting to validate your PR visa and to start to become familiar with Australia.

Better plan for two weeks so that you can get the PR card and other stuff during this time. Works out even better when you want to go back.
There's no such thing as a PR card. The visa is electronically linked to the passport.

·
Registered
882 Posts
hello ts, dont worry about being asked any questions by australian custom officer

1. you are a pr, so mostly they wont not ask . i didnt happen to me =)

2. if they do ask you, just say you are validating your visa, no issues with that even if its a short trip

have fun in australia ! safe travels !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts