Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am Swiss citizen originally from Pakistan. My parents live in Pakistan and will be retiring at the end of this year. After retirement they will be my dependents and will have to live with me.

I wish to move to Spain to live and work. As swiss national I have right to do so. But I am wondering if I will have right to get my parents moved to Spain as dependents?

Any help/comments/links in this regard from members will be appreciated.

Regards,

Moosa

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hello,

I am Swiss citizen originally from Pakistan. My parents live in Pakistan and will be retiring at the end of this year. After retirement they will be my dependents and will have to live with me.

I wish to move to Spain to live and work. As swiss national I have right to do so. But I am wondering if I will have right to get my parents moved to Spain as dependents?

This is a very helpful place to ask about all the rules and laws etc. about the EU.

You will get a personalised reply, usually within a couple pf working days.

https://europa.eu/european-union/contact/write-to-us_en

·
Administrator
36,089 Posts
Hello,

Regards,

Moosa
:welcome:

Yes it's possible to bring your parents here, provided that first of all you have fulfilled the requirements & registered as resident, & then of course that you can fulfill the financial & other requirements for bringing your parents here.

This is the Spanish government information. If you don't read Spanish, googletranslate doesn't do too bad a job!

Estancia y residencia - Ministerio del Interior

1 - 3 of 3 Posts