Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an American married to a French citizen and have lived in Paris since November 2015. I have a permanent/10-year carte de sejour, so I am eligible to work in France and the EU. I was just offered a job with a British company, who is based in London. I am looking for the answer to a very specific question:

If I can get the company to make my work contract and salary through their French subsidiary, are there specific limits to the number of days that I can work in the London office?

It's a very specific situation given my carte de sejour status and my plans to apply for French citizenship in March 2019, when I become eligible. I am looking for an English-speaking immigration lawyer in Paris who can help me navigate this situation.

Thanks,
John

·
Administrator
50,461 Posts
I don't honestly think it's a problem. You have a 10 year card - which is basically a carte d'identité for foreigners. The one requirement is that you can't be absent from France for more than 3 years during the duration of the card when you go to renew it.

You are established as resident in France, due to your marriage and to your residence (i.e. main residence) in France. For purposes of taking French nationality by marriage, the key thing is that you're paying your cotisations, which should be just fine if you are employed by the French subsidiary.

Frankly, I wouldn't waste the money on a lawyer in your circumstances.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bev.
I figured that if I were being paid and working for a French subsidiary and that my main residence was in France, the other aspects would be a little bit less relevant to the citizenship path.

Fingers crossed and thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts