Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just want your opinion do I really need an immigration agent ? I mean does the wording that they put on the experience letter or the CDR report really make a difference of being accepted by the case officer or the assessing authority ? . thanks in advance .

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is not a hard process. If you have some time to follow the procedures mentioned in the skillSelect (immi.gov.au) website, you need not take any help from the immigration agent. CDR is your own report based on your work experiences. The immigration agent can only give you guidelines to write your CDR which is describely mentioned in EA website.

Reactions: mike129 and coolkhu

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hello all I just want your opinion do I really need an immigration agent ? I mean does the wording that they put on the experience letter or the CDR report really make a difference of being accepted by the case officer or the assessing authority ? . thanks in advance .
depends - if you have clean papers (experience, certificate, etc) and if you have time and patience to go through threads here and skill select website you can do it by yourself

Reactions: mike129

·
Registered
80 Posts
depends - if you have clean papers (experience, certificate, etc) and if you have time and patience to go through threads here and skill select website you can do it by yourself
Totally agree.
If everything is in order there is absolutely no need of agents. Since everything is online agents would be an extra layer and may cause delays. They certainly can not expedite any process. At best they will guide you through all the steps and let you know of pitfalls.
However that can be done by being diligent in reading up the immigration website and following threads out here. This forum has some of the best dudes and dudettes to see you through.

Many here including myself have been through the process without agents and if you have any questions fire away on the right threads.

If you are at the very beginning I can send you an email with a few attachments on what and how to do.

All that said if you feel overwhelmed by all the information and process definitely go to a *good* agent. If they know what they are doing and are fair in their dealings they are definitely worth the money spent.

Thanks,
Rajat

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally agree.
If everything is in order there is absolutely no need of agents. Since everything is online agents would be an extra layer and may cause delays. They certainly can not expedite any process. At best they will guide you through all the steps and let you know of pitfalls.
However that can be done by being diligent in reading up the immigration website and following threads out here. This forum has some of the best dudes and dudettes to see you through.

Many here including myself have been through the process without agents and if you have any questions fire away on the right threads.

If you are at the very beginning I can send you an email with a few attachments on what and how to do.

All that said if you feel overwhelmed by all the information and process definitely go to a *good* agent. If they know what they are doing and are fair in their dealings they are definitely worth the money spent.

Thanks,
Rajat
that would be great appreciate if you can send me those attachments , cause i do understand the process , just needed your opinions thxx a lot everyone

·
Registered
38 Posts
As long as you understand the procedures and rules correctly, then an agent wouldn't be necessary. They don't make your application more likely to be granted, and there is definitely nothing they can do that you can't do by yourself.. I applied for 190 without an agent, and everything's so good so far :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Rajat,

Need your help, I am applying for a 190 visa,request if you could please provide me some info as I want to avoid using a agent for my application.

Regards

Ronnie

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am also a Newbie here. Can you please tell me what is CDR report means??
Hi as far as I understood that the CDR report stands for( Competency demonstration report) , you need to prepare it if the position matching with your skills on Australia's required skilled occupation list will be assessed by engineers Australia , but if it will be assessed by ACS ( Australian computer society ) you don't need it as it is not required .

CDR contains mainly three career episode that you need to fill you can choose to write about your engineering degree or your work experience or both .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi,

We use a certified MARA agent. I can tell you it was good in the beginning, she replied all our questions. She was most helpful during Engineers Australia Skills Assessment.

But she did not tell us that visa fees increased. I only learned from this forum that we have to pay 5200 aud instead of 3060 aud. She should have told us.

Also she failed to tell us that we need to get a PCC from the other countries we lived in in the past 10 years. We were in İstanbul for vacation in June. We could have gone Qatar and Dubai consulates and applied for our PCC. The annoying thing is it take a lloooong time from these 2 countries. Instead she only told us to get one from the local police department in our homeland. But she knows very well that we live abroad for a long time!

In short, you can do everything yourself, but you must be patient, read a lot of threads, ask many questions or use an agent.

But if you use an agent, make sure you use a MARA certified agent.

Good luck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

We use a certified MARA agent. I can tell you it was good in the beginning, she replied all our questions. She was most helpful during Engineers Australia Skills Assessment.

But she did not tell us that visa fees increased. I only learned from this forum that we have to pay 5200 aud instead of 3060 aud. She should have told us.

Also she failed to tell us that we need to get a PCC from the other countries we lived in in the past 10 years. We were in İstanbul for vacation in June. We could have gone Qatar and Dubai consulates and applied for our PCC. The annoying thing is it take a lloooong time from these 2 countries. Instead she only told us to get one from the local police department in our homeland. But she knows very well that we live abroad for a long time!

In short, you can do everything yourself, but you must be patient, read a lot of threads, ask many questions or use an agent.

But if you use an agent, make sure you use a MARA certified agent.

Good luck
Hi Tuba,

PCC is required only if you have lived a total of more than a year in a foreign country. Visiting for vacation or living for less than one year (cumulative) does not requires a Pcc.
Not sure how long you stayed there but just thought of putting this point across.

Thanks,
Rajat

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks rajat,

Its 6 years for me and 5 years for my husband. So, yes we need pcc from there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
that would be great appreciate if you can send me those attachments , cause i do understand the process , just needed your opinions thxx a lot everyone
Hi Mike,

I applied for 189 and here are the details of applying for PR to Australia. Also look for attachments in my profile.

I understand going through agents is just a waste of time and would not add any considerable value to the application.
As per my research the process is quite simple and can be done without any agents if you put in some time going through the documents.
Here is a place to start if you want to start yourself.

Begin by reading about (and understanding) the latest visa processing priorities:
Au visa details.

Check that you will be able to obtain a positive skills assessment:
I have applied for Developer Programmer. Look for your suitable occupation in
this occupation list.

Then go to the DIAC Website for everything else.

After understanding basics you can post doubts on these forums and people would respond from their experience.
Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia - Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (Duh!!!)
SkillSelect | Migration Blog(This one is managed by DIAC itself so answers are accurate).

As a summary:-
To be invited for any kind of visa we need to complete IELTS and Skills assessment and then file an EOI (Expression of interest). Please check my profile attachments for the format of Statutory declaration and Reference letter to be sent to assessing authority. Please look at DIAC web site to find out assessing authority for your chosen occupation.
A single EOI can be filed to apply for different kind of visas (EOI visibility changes accordingly).

To apply for State Sponsorship :-
Go to that particular state immigration website and request for state sponsorship by quoting your EOI number. Send the fees and filled out application form. Note that your EOI should be modified to specify that you are interested in receiving state sponsorship ONLY from that particular state.

So mainly you need to do two things to get moving:-
1. Appear for IELTS and get a score of at least 6 in EACH section to get eligible for applying. A score of 7 in each gets you 10 extra points and a score of 8 in each gets you 20 extra.

2. Get your experience and educational qualifications assessed from a relevant assessing body. They might have specific formats for experience letters and statutory declaration (if you need them) and they should be followed. This you will have to get from your employers.

3. Once 1 and 2 are done go to skillselect and submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) and then wait for invitation.

So that's pretty much what I can think of right now.
If you have any questions just ask.

Thanks,
Rajat

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great.. thanks a lot Rajat for your help...
Let me introduce myself... I am expat in China since 2005 and working in IT Industry as software engineer... I have overall 12 years of experience and I have done BE in Computerscience & Engg. in India..
Could you please tell me ..may I eligible to apply 189/190 ?
Please provide the link for your attachments... Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great.. thanks a lot Rajat for your help...
Let me introduce myself... I am expat in China since 2005 and working in IT Industry as software engineer... I have overall 12 years of experience and I have done BE in Computerscience & Engg. in India..
Could you please tell me ..may I eligible to apply 189/190 ?
Please provide the link for your attachments... Thanks
Yes you are eligible for 189 and 190 visa..

But like rajat said, to be eligible as per Aus immigration laws,
1. you need to write IELTS and obtain scores of 7 or above in all the sections.
2. You need to get assessed +ve by ACS.

you can first apply for ACS and meanwhile write IELTS, this saves some time.

Reactions: r_saraj

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks Charan for your advise...
Is anyone format of statutory letter...for the past experience please ? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Charan for your advise...
Is anyone format of statutory letter...for the past experience please ? Thanks
Use the below links for reference.

http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/7570/Skilled-Employment-Reference-Example.pdf

https://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

If you know any one from your previous company and if he can refer you then it would be enough, even if you cant get a letter head from your old company. Make sure the person referring you is above your job role.

Reactions: r_saraj

·
Registered
144 Posts
ok, thanks a lot...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Mike,

I applied for 189 and here are the details of applying for PR to Australia. Also look for attachments in my profile.

I understand going through agents is just a waste of time and would not add any considerable value to the application.
As per my research the process is quite simple and can be done without any agents if you put in some time going through the documents.
Here is a place to start if you want to start yourself.

Begin by reading about (and understanding) the latest visa processing priorities:
Au visa details.

Check that you will be able to obtain a positive skills assessment:
I have applied for Developer Programmer. Look for your suitable occupation in
this occupation list.

Then go to the DIAC Website for everything else.

After understanding basics you can post doubts on these forums and people would respond from their experience.
Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia - Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (Duh!!!)
SkillSelect | Migration Blog(This one is managed by DIAC itself so answers are accurate).

As a summary:-
To be invited for any kind of visa we need to complete IELTS and Skills assessment and then file an EOI (Expression of interest). Please check my profile attachments for the format of Statutory declaration and Reference letter to be sent to assessing authority. Please look at DIAC web site to find out assessing authority for your chosen occupation.
A single EOI can be filed to apply for different kind of visas (EOI visibility changes accordingly).

To apply for State Sponsorship :-
Go to that particular state immigration website and request for state sponsorship by quoting your EOI number. Send the fees and filled out application form. Note that your EOI should be modified to specify that you are interested in receiving state sponsorship ONLY from that particular state.

So mainly you need to do two things to get moving:-
1. Appear for IELTS and get a score of at least 6 in EACH section to get eligible for applying. A score of 7 in each gets you 10 extra points and a score of 8 in each gets you 20 extra.

2. Get your experience and educational qualifications assessed from a relevant assessing body. They might have specific formats for experience letters and statutory declaration (if you need them) and they should be followed. This you will have to get from your employers.

3. Once 1 and 2 are done go to skillselect and submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) and then wait for invitation.

So that's pretty much what I can think of right now.
If you have any questions just ask.

Thanks,
Rajat
thanks a lot Rajat you are very informative , sorry being late i was busy at work

1 - 20 of 24 Posts