Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,
i am interested in Immigrating to Saskatchewan as an International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand, my Points Breakup are as under;-
education = 23 points
language = 16 points
Experience = 10 Points
Age = 12 points

Total points 61.

am i eligible for this category? will i be invited in EOI on this Score?
kindly inform me that i may able to file EOI in time.
Thanks & Best Regards
Jalal:hand:

Reactions: adnan1512

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Have you done any research on Saskatchewan? Do you know anything about it or are you just looking at it as a way to enter Canada? I ask because I cannot see someone from Pakistan being able to handle winter on the prairies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colchar for your response,

honestly i didnt know about the Saskatchewan, one of the immigration consultants share it on Facebook about the immigration to Saskatchewan, i just open the site and calculate my points which touch the threshold so thats why, firstly i want to confirm it from seniors here, if it is good for me i will proceed it otherwise think about other provinces.

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
Reactions: colchar

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I have only been to Saskatchewan in the summer time.

I am Canadian born and raised... I don't mind cold weather but too cold is no good.

There is no way you could pay me enough money to even think about living in Saskatoon in the winter time.

There is no way that I would consider living in Regina in the winter time either.

I value my nose and my toes and fingers too much to risk frost nip or frostbite for almost half of the year.

Yep, been here the majority of my life so am used to Canadian weather and there isn't a chance in hell I would ever live there in winter.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I lived in Saskatoon for 3.5 years.

Winters can be brutal at times but, if you prepare for them, it's not hat bad.

Having lived in Montreal, the GTA, Saskatoon & now Vegreville, Alberta the holder of the crappiest place to live by a long way was the GTA.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I lived in Saskatoon for 3.5 years.

Winters can be brutal at times but, if you prepare for them, it's not hat bad.

Having lived in Montreal, the GTA, Saskatoon & now Vegreville, Alberta the holder of the crappiest place to live by a long way was the GTA.

Surely you can't mean in terms of weather?

·
Registered
6 Posts
what happened next i also got the same number from one consultant and still searching for some valuable able information about this state

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
what happened next i also got the same number from one consultant and still searching for some valuable able information about this state
There are no "States" on Canada, only "Provinces."

Australia, India, and the US have "States," Canada does not.

Please get this essential fact straight or else you stand to look like you're not really that interested in coming to Canada and are simply looking for a way to get out of Pakistan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are no "States" on Canada, only "Provinces."

Australia, India, and the US have "States," Canada does not.

Please get this essential fact straight or else you stand to look like you're not really that interested in coming to Canada and are simply looking for a way to get out of Pakistan.
i am mechanical engr age 32 experience 9 years ielts band 6.5 i was interested in Australia later on due to less points some consultant told me that you can go for Canada and suggested me this province.
i just want to know about the job opportunities for the new comers

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
i am mechanical engr age 32 experience 9 years ielts band 6.5 i was interested in Australia later on due to less points some consultant told me that you can go for Canada and suggested me this province.
i just want to know about the job opportunities for the new comers

You won't be able to work as an engineer as that is a regulated profession. Since the education system in Pakistan is inferior to the Canadian system your education wouldn't be considered equivalent and you would have to go back to school to upgrade your education and then qualify as an engineer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.