Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cambodian wife has expressed a desire to go to Canada for quite some time now , we are well into completing the neccessary forms and have accumulated most required documentation etc .

Now she is talking about what if she does not like it/cannot settle with the strange life etc , it would have been a waste of all the time and money . we can qualify far easier for her to just visit at much lower cost and save a lot more work .

My question , if we go with the visitor visa , take all of the aquired immigrant paperwork with us , do you think it would be easy to get her a PR card ?

Thank you for any and all advice , the government site is not the easiest to understand and know you have it right .

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
My Cambodian wife has expressed a desire to go to Canada for quite some time now , we are well into completing the neccessary forms and have accumulated most required documentation etc .

Now she is talking about what if she does not like it/cannot settle with the strange life etc , it would have been a waste of all the time and money . we can qualify far easier for her to just visit at much lower cost and save a lot more work .

My question , if we go with the visitor visa , take all of the aquired immigrant paperwork with us , do you think it would be easy to get her a PR card ?

Thank you for any and all advice , the government site is not the easiest to understand and know you have it right .
I'm assuming your occupation is on THE LIST of 38 and you plan, based on your wife's decision, to make an inland application for a PR visa.
If this is so, my understanding is that your wife will gain the same status as you as long as she is on the same application.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
immigration

I'm assuming your occupation is on THE LIST of 38 and you plan, based on your wife's decision, to make an inland application for a PR visa.
If this is so, my understanding is that your wife will gain the same status as you as long as she is on the same application.
Sorry , I forgot to mention that I am a permanent resident of Canada currently in Cambodia and returning end of February , she will be on her own application .

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Sorry , I forgot to mention that I am a permanent resident of Canada currently in Cambodia and returning end of February , she will be on her own application .
If your wife accompanies you upon your return she can apply at POE for a SOWP (Spousal Open Work Permit). Just make sure you have sufficient evidence of your marriage including translations if necessary.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
immigration .

If your wife accompanies you upon your return she can apply at POE for a SOWP (Spousal Open Work Permit). Just make sure you have sufficient evidence of your marriage including translations if necessary.
Thank you very much for your advise , never saw that in immigration pages , will check into that .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.