Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an accountant. I have some basic questions relating to Immi.

1). If I am not claiming any experience in my Immi application, I can apply under any stream available for accountants. Is that right? For example, I can apply in auditor(external), or finance manager. It doesn't make any difference as far as I am not claiming experience point.

2). What limitations are imposed on the visa if one goes for state-sponsored visa opposed to non-state sponsored visa?

3). Is there any way to include your parents in visa application or what options are available to call your parents to Australia?

Regards

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I am an accountant. I have some basic questions relating to Immi.

1). If I am not claiming any experience in my Immi application, I can apply under any stream available for accountants. Is that right? For example, I can apply in auditor(external), or finance manager. It doesn't make any difference as far as I am not claiming experience point.

2). What limitations are imposed on the visa if one goes for state-sponsored visa opposed to non-state sponsored visa?

3). Is there any way to include your parents in visa application or what options are available to call your parents to Australia?

Regards
1. Experience has nothing to do with what you apply. What you apply is also not something you just suddenly decide. You get assessed first and then you will know what occupation code you will apply under.

2. A moral obligation to live in that state for the 1st 2 years of your PR.

3. No.

Separate parents visa is there. The cheap one I think takes 20 years to process. The expensive one costs about AUD 50,000 per parent but is quicker.

This will explain: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-bringing-parents-australia.html#post12525202

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Experience has nothing to do with what you apply. What you apply is also not something you just suddenly decide. You get assessed first and then you will know what occupation code you will apply under.

2. A moral obligation to live in that state for the 1st 2 years of your PR.

3. No.

Separate parents visa is there. The cheap one I think takes 20 years to process. The expensive one costs about AUD 50,000 per parent but is quicker.

This will explain: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-bringing-parents-australia.html#post12525202
1. That's what I am saying. For a Chartered accountancy degree, that covers whole aspects of accountancy and related subjects, first i will have to get it assessed by relevant authority. After getting done with that, i can consider different occupations that fall within ambit of accountancy. If i want to claim experience points, only then i will have to select that specific occupation. For example, If i want to claim external auditor exp. Points then i must select external occ as my immi occupation. Right ?

3. So what if I am the only child and my parents are now dependent on me, there is no way to cover it up ?
What about othet immi that offers better visa facilities for parents ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
1. That's what I am saying. For a Chartered accountancy degree, that covers whole aspects of accountancy and related subjects, first i will have to get it assessed by relevant authority. After getting done with that, i can consider different occupations that fall within ambit of accountancy. If i want to claim experience points, only then i will have to select that specific occupation. For example, If i want to claim external auditor exp. Points then i must select external occ as my immi occupation. Right ?

3. So what if I am the only child and my parents are now dependent on me, there is no way to cover it up ?
What about othet immi that offers better visa facilities for parents ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
1. I will advise you understand the steps involved in the entire process; in the correct order. Claiming points or not, you must nominate an occupation as the very first step. Then check if its even available for migration in the occupation lists on the DIBP website. Then go for relevant skills assessment.

You will have to nominate the occupation for your skills assessment application; you cannot get a "general" assessment and then decide an ANZSCO code at a later stage; it doesn't work like that. Going by your example; even if you do not claim points for External auditor, you still have to nominate it as your occupation for your skills assessment application, followed by nominating the same ANZSCO code in your EOI. If you get invited, you can then apply for a VISA, only as External Auditor.

I hope this clarifies things for you. If not, go for the skills assessment, and check it for yourself.

3. Dependent or not, parents are not considered members of your family unit. Having said so, you cannot add them in your visa application. The only options they have is independent Parent Visas (either a contributory or non-contributory), or getting short-term visitor visas over and over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. I will advise you understand the steps involved in the entire process; in the correct order. Claiming points or not, you must nominate an occupation as the very first step. Then check if its even available for migration in the occupation lists on the DIBP website. Then go for relevant skills assessment.

You will have to nominate the occupation for your skills assessment application; you cannot get a "general" assessment and then decide an ANZSCO code at a later stage; it doesn't work like that. Going by your example; even if you do not claim points for External auditor, you still have to nominate it as your occupation for your skills assessment application, followed by nominating the same ANZSCO code in your EOI. If you get invited, you can then apply for a VISA, only as External Auditor.

I hope this clarifies things for you. If not, go for the skills assessment, and check it for yourself.

3. Dependent or not, parents are not considered members of your family unit. Having said so, you cannot add them in your visa application. The only options they have is independent Parent Visas (either a contributory or non-contributory), or getting short-term visitor visas over and over.
Thanks for your reply and clarification.

Regarding parent visa, how convenient and time-consuming is short-term visitor visa and what are its terms and condition. Can you please guide me on that or direct me to relevant information.

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts

Dears,

As per my info you can add your parents in visa application,if you already included in EOI but you need to prove that they are dependent on you and are living with you from last 12 months at least.
But This will slow down your grant, usually it takes time for verification.
Please visit DIBP website.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,693 Posts
Dears,

As per my info you can add your parents in visa application,if you already included in EOI but you need to prove that they are dependent on you and are living with you from last 12 months at least.

Thanks

No, you definitely can not do this - parents can NOT be included - please don't give incorrect information.

https://www.border.gov.au/Migrationagents/Pages/member-of-family-unit.aspx

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-bringing-parents-australia.html#post12525202

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dears,

Thanks

Please verify your information before advising others. Parents cannot be included in your visa application anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts