Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had applied for Skilled Independent Visa 189 nominating Electrical Engineer as my occupation on June 8, 2017, and received an email from DIBP titled IMMI Assessment Commence on August 7, 2017. The breakdown of my points is as follows:

Language: 20 points
Qualification: 15 points
Total: 65 points

Although I have reported some work experience (internships and casual appointments), I have no points claimed for work experience nor have I claimed any experience to be relevant to my nominated occupation. The case officer assigned (from GSM Adelaide) did not request for additional information either.

Given my circumstance, what could be causing the delay in the outcome of my application? I would be very grateful for your thoughts as it would give some insights.

Cheers,
Arvind

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi,

I had applied for Skilled Independent Visa 189 nominating Electrical Engineer as my occupation on June 8, 2017, and received an email from DIBP titled IMMI Assessment Commence on August 7, 2017. The breakdown of my points is as follows:

Language: 20 points

Qualification: 15 points

Total: 65 points

Although I have reported some work experience (internships and casual appointments), I have no points claimed for work experience nor have I claimed any experience to be relevant to my nominated occupation. The case officer assigned (from GSM Adelaide) did not request for additional information either.

Given my circumstance, what could be causing the delay in the outcome of my application? I would be very grateful for your thoughts as it would give some insights.

Cheers,

Arvind

It's just 10 days of commencement of assessment, you need to be patient for another 3-4 weeks, if all the documents as well as PCC, Medicals, form 80, 1221 etc. are uploaded as well.

Who is your CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: arvindrajan

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's probably not called 'delay' if you would like to have a look at the thread of 2016 gangs in this forum. In addition, DIBP has updated a new global processing times, that increases from 8 months at earliest to 11 months from now on. By the way, for your case typically, that's definitely too soon to call it 'delay' as you've just submitted in June 2017.

·
Registered
162 Posts
normally how much time does it take after immi assessment commence email given no further documents are asked by co?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's probably not called 'delay' if you would like to have a look at the thread of 2016 gangs in this forum. In addition, DIBP has updated a new global processing times, that increases from 8 months at earliest to 11 months from now on. By the way, for your case typically, that's definitely too soon to call it 'delay' as you've just submitted in June 2017.
Hi Cadimi,

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, you are right, it is too soon to call it a delay especially when I compare my application with the others who have applied before. I said that perhaps because I see that some who applied around the same time as me have gotten direct grant and also considered the fact that I am not claiming points for work experience. My apologies. Also, I just noticed the increase from 8 to 11 months now.

I see that you are also waiting after receiving IMMI Assessment Commence email. I wish you all the very best - I hope that you'll get it very soon.

Cheers,
Arvind

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Cadimi,

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, you are right, it is too soon to call it a delay especially when I compare my application with the others who have applied before. I said that perhaps because I see that some who applied around the same time as me have gotten direct grant and also considered the fact that I am not claiming points for work experience. My apologies. Also, I just noticed the increase from 8 to 11 months now.

I see that you are also waiting after receiving IMMI Assessment Commence email. I wish you all the very best - I hope that you'll get it very soon.

Cheers,
Arvind
I think the new processing times that apply for applicants who lodged their visa before 31st July 2017 so it includes people from 2016, that would increase the time, and for us maybe quicker.
And the processing time for people are significantly varied, someone who has similar timeline like us and got Assessment commence email too already got their grants. So only thing we could do is keep fingers crossed.
P/s: are you from Malaysia? keep watching Seagames too may distract you from this painful game of waiting lolz.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the new processing times that apply for applicants who lodged their visa before 31st July 2017 so it includes people from 2016, that would increase the time, and for us maybe quicker.
And the processing time for people are significantly varied, someone who has similar timeline like us and got Assessment commence email too already got their grants. So only thing we could do is keep fingers crossed.
P/s: are you from Malaysia? keep watching Seagames too may distract you from this painful game of waiting lolz.
Hi Cadimi,

Yes, like you said, some of those having similar timeline as us already got their grants and the processing times can significantly vary even for cases with very high similarities. An immigration agent commented that it is very difficult to say what the reason could be, but it depends on many factors that we aren't even aware of, such as security reports, short staff, etc.

Yes, I am from Malaysia. LOL. Thank you. Yes, SEA games could keep me distracted for a while.

My best wishes to you.

Cheers,
Arvind

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Cadimi,

Yes, like you said, some of those having similar timeline as us already got their grants and the processing times can significantly vary even for cases with very high similarities. An immigration agent commented that it is very difficult to say what the reason could be, but it depends on many factors that we aren't even aware of, such as security reports, short staff, etc.

Yes, I am from Malaysia. LOL. Thank you. Yes, SEA games could keep me distracted for a while.

My best wishes to you.

Cheers,
Arvind
No one knows that process even MARA agents so only option is to keep waiting.
Anyway, one certain thing is DIBP has been clearing backlogs from last year, and they are doing it well. In addition, they have issued heaps of grants until April so to make a guess, for remaining May applicants, I reckon all will be granted before Mid September.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No one knows that process even MARA agents so only option is to keep waiting.
Anyway, one certain thing is DIBP has been clearing backlogs from last year, and they are doing it well. In addition, they have issued heaps of grants until April so to make a guess, for remaining May applicants, I reckon all will be granted before Mid September.
Hi Cadimi,

I very much hope that what you just said will become true :)

Cheers,
Arvind

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well, I had spoken to my MARA agent today and asked about this mail and possible outcomes.

As per them, this is just a routine communication for allocation of CO and is not at all negative since the, letter content itself says as below

"This letter confirms that your application is progressing and has been allocated for further processing. You will be contacted about any additional information if required.

The Department may make a decision on your application without requesting additional information. You should provide us with all the information you feel is relevant."

I have seen few cases on the forum- who got their Grants within 3-6 weeks post this mail, as well as few who got their employment verified through AHC (this took little longer).

In summary, the letter is just an indication of CO allocation and is that Your application progressing.:fingerscrossed:

Any more views, info will definitely helpful.:)

Regards
Himadri

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
But it is indicated 'If your application cannot be finalised immediately you will receive advice that your application has been allocated to a processing team. This will occur within two weeks of your allocation date and provide an email address for contact with the processing team.' - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications

Do you think about this?
This information is just not being practiced by the department although posted on their website

Many members and even one today have got direct grant without being contacted ever by the CO

Many many more are waiting for months for grant or CO contact

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I had spoken to my MARA agent today and asked about this mail and possible outcomes.

As per them, this is just a routine communication for allocation of CO and is not at all negative since the, letter content itself says as below

"This letter confirms that your application is progressing and has been allocated for further processing. You will be contacted about any additional information if required.

The Department may make a decision on your application without requesting additional information. You should provide us with all the information you feel is relevant."

I have seen few cases on the forum- who got their Grants within 3-6 weeks post this mail, as well as few who got their employment verified through AHC (this took little longer).

In summary, the letter is just an indication of CO allocation and is that Your application progressing.:fingerscrossed:

Any more views, info will definitely helpful.:)

Regards
Himadri
Hi Himadri,

Thank you so much for the insights. I feel more relieved now knowing that this is not at all negative. Since the CO hasn't asked for any additional document from me and I didn't not claim any work experience as relevant to my nominated occupation, I take it that everything is in place and I am only waiting to receive the official email on their decision.

Cheers,
Arvind

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This information is just not being practiced by the department although posted on their website

Many members and even one today have got direct grant without being contacted ever by the CO

Many many more are waiting for months for grant or CO contact

Cheers
Hi newbienz,

I agree with you - I also think that DIBP hasn't been practicing what is published.

Based on the link, and since no additional document was requested, I take that (and please correct me if I am wrong) my application is 'complete' and I am now just waiting for their decision email.

Cheers,
Arvind

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi friends, I just got my grant today!

The points I claim for my occupation, Electrical Engineer, are as below:
Education: 15
English: 20
Total: 65

My Visa 189 application process breakdown is as follows:
EOI Submitted: 5 June, 2017
Invitation Received: 7 June, 2017
Application Submitted: 8 June, 2017
Medical Completed: 18 June, 2017
Case Officer Assigned: 7 August, 2017 (IMMI Assessment Commence)
Visa 189 Decision: 14 September, 2017 (Granted)

·
Registered
343 Posts

Congratulations buddy! So finally it can concluded- immi commencement mail is positive news.

We both got on the same day

·
Registered
162 Posts

now this gives me hope..maybe next week i will get my golden email

Reactions: Himadri

·
Registered
770 Posts
Congratulations buddy! So finally it can concluded- immi commencement mail is positive news.

We both got on the same day

Yes, looking at recent cases who got IMMI Comm. mail got their grants real quick than others. So, finally It is clear that its a positive sign that something good will be going to be happen soon.

Himadri : Keep in touch.... I hope that w:fingerscrossed:e will meet in Australia soon

Reactions: Himadri

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, looking at recent cases who got IMMI Comm. mail got their grants real quick than others. So, finally It is clear that its a positive sign that something good will be going to be happen soon.

Himadri : Keep in touch.... I hope that w:fingerscrossed:e will meet in Australia soon

Yes Karan, I am sure of that.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts