Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
At long last my leased out property is reverting back to me and I can sell (if poss) and join you all here in Spain so fingers crossed for me.
Maiden

hey that'll be great, your daughters over here too isnt she?? - What about your modship in Egypt LOL

Jo xxxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
At long last my leased out property is reverting back to me and I can sell (if poss) and join you all here in Spain so fingers crossed for me.
Maiden
well done MS...here's hoping..we need some sexy girls in here...

·
Registered
348 Posts
YOU'VE GOT SOME ALREADY!!!!!

Jo xxxx
Looking left and right......can't see a bloody thing resembling sexy...some old blond bint who keeps giving us earache...that's about all....:fencing:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
LOl my property isn't even on the market and yet I'm trawling the Spanish markets looking to see what I can get.. just hope my dream property isn't there because I cant afford it yet
You might be surprised.....prices of property in this area, especially houses with pools etc. have dropped dramatically.
I'm beginning to wonder if we should consider buying, although we did say we would never again own property.
We are paying enough in rent to make purchase a serious proposition.

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Maiden
Didn't know you were thinking about coming to Spain. Sounds like it's a way off yet, but becoming more of a possibility.
Good luck!:)!

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pesky my daughter and her family live in the Alicante region and I have always planned to go there my daughter has asked me to go and help her look after her youngest child... my daughter works and is in the processes of taking on more work and will need childcare and who better than me... so my property becoming available just seems like fate and everything is going to fall into place Inshallah.
Maiden

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Pesky my daughter and her family live in the Alicante region and I have always planned to go there my daughter has asked me to go and help her look after her youngest child... my daughter works and is in the processes of taking on more work and will need childcare and who better than me... so my property becoming available just seems like fate and everything is going to fall into place Inshallah.
Maiden
I absolutely agree. Grandma is best. My daughter has a very special relationship with her Spanish grandma, even though they don't see each other that often.
Isn't it great when every thing falls into place once in a while:)

·
Registered
843 Posts
My parents were already living here (they retired here 13 years ago). Then in the Summer, my Dad was diagnosed with cancer, and we couldn't have been more certain that we had made the right decision. Its all very well saying that the flight is only a couple of hours etc etc, but when someone is going through tough and prolonged treatment it is so much better that I'm on the doorstep and can be practical and helpful for Dad, and a support for my Mum. We have a chance to really enjoy some quality time together when Dad feels up to it, and the grandchildren being here keeps him going. He's about to undergo another round of Chemo and then surgery, so we are hoping Christmas won't be too tough for him

·
Registered
843 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad Lynn but I am sure having his family around him helps him.
Maiden x
We do our best!

I do hope you can follow your daughter out here to Spain and enjoy life with her and the grandchildren. I know we went through times of doubt whether we could actually make it work - financially as well as personally, but we spent a lot of time planning and I would recommend that to anyone planning to do the move. It's no good pretending that 'everything will be fine'. You really have to get your house in order so to speak. It would be disasterous for us to have to U turn and go back to the UK now. I just wish I had concentrated on learning Spanish before we arrived.

Good luck to you Maiden and I hope you will be sending posts from Alicante soon!:)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Pesky my daughter and her family live in the Alicante region and I have always planned to go there my daughter has asked me to go and help her look after her youngest child... my daughter works and is in the processes of taking on more work and will need childcare and who better than me... so my property becoming available just seems like fate and everything is going to fall into place Inshallah.Maiden
That's brilliant Maiden!!:clap2: Hope it all goes smoothly for you....although quite a culture shock after Egypt I'm sure!:D Now if I can just convince my parents to make the move permanently here too...:rolleyes: I shall use your case as a reference!;)

Tallulah.x:)

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it is a very exciting time for me.. I have already sent my daughter on a reccy to see some villas. I am limited to the area in which my grandchildren go to school, I will have to pick the youngest 5 up each day but the older boys can walk to me if I am in their village, but being a sensible grandma (btw they all call me annie for some reason not grandma) as Soon as they are all in from school I will take them to their own home to make the mess there.
Financially I should be ok, I am selling a big property in Scotland and I have two in France that I will sell once I am settled in Spain plus my daughter will pay me to do her book keeping and look after her rental property lol no chance of getting paid to look after the kids and to be fair I wouldn't wont it I really am delighted that I will get to spend more time with them.
Maiden

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Yes it is a very exciting time for me.. I have already sent my daughter on a reccy to see some villas. I am limited to the area in which my grandchildren go to school, I will have to pick the youngest 5 up each day but the older boys can walk to me if I am in their village, but being a sensible grandma (btw they all call me annie for some reason not grandma) as Soon as they are all in from school I will take them to their own home to make the mess there.
Financially I should be ok, I am selling a big property in Scotland and I have two in France that I will sell once I am settled in Spain plus my daughter will pay me to do her book keeping and look after her rental property lol no chance of getting paid to look after the kids and to be fair I wouldn't wont it I really am delighted that I will get to spend more time with them.
Maiden
The youngest 5???:eek:
or the youngest who is 5???? :)
They call me annie - but your name isn't annie??, is it??
:confused2: :confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.