Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Im new to this forum, im needing all your opinion,tips,and advises for my application in standard visitor visa for UK.

Im a college student. This is my first time applying for some visa type and im so stressed out because ive been reading alot of blogs but none of them help me much. I do appreciate if you guys can answer my questions.

Im in long distance relationship with my british bf for 3 years now. He visited me to the Philippines for 5 times now and last April 2017 We flew to bangkok for a coldplay concert and thats my first out of the country trip.

Now he wanted me to come to the UK for 2 weeks only as I cant really skip college that much as Im a graduating student. He will sponsor all my expeses during those weeks, NOW HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1. All his supporting documents, bank statement, sponsorship letter, passport will be scan email only to me. Does he needs to bring all his original documents that is also been printed and show it to the solicitors so that they can sign it so then when he scan email to me. The Vfs Global workers (peopel who will collect the requirements and bring to UK EMBASSY HERE IN MANILA PHILIPPINES) will prove that its been seen the originals and its legit even its just scan email as they will see the signiture of the solicitor there(since im not having his original documents as his in UK so he will just scan email it to me all)

2. Do I need to get CFO here in Philippines as ive read in some blogs that if you meeting your fiance, partners or what u need to have CFO. most of the time it is applied to those spouse visa or fiance visa going to uk to be with their husband right? But im also meeting my bf there, but im on standard visitor visa. Should I get it or not.

3. Im worried as the uk embassy said do apply 3 months before your intend flight. And my college is so scap ive been requesting them to have my certificate of enrollment and absent letter since july as thats my major requirements in visitor visa as a student. And they said they cannot provide it until we are enrolled for second semester(which is end of august) -'As they want me to enrol first in second semester before they gove it to me. Now we are over due to enrollment as they are not yet ready for enrollment. It is September now. My intend flight is end of October and i cannot have book an appointment in VFS GLOBAL as i dont have yet the certificate of enrollment and absent letter. Is it the vfs global will understand if i apply late? Its my college's fault anyway. Or should I move my intend flight as thats obvious refusal already because of the short time?

Im sorry im just new to all of this, im clueless and im stressing out . Hope you can help me?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I can answer number 3- you can apply up to 3 months before your intended flight. it does not HAVE to be 3 months before. It basically means you can apply for a visa at any time in that 3 month period. From personal experience, I would apply no later than 3 weeks before my flight, as it can take that much time for the visa to be processed at a minimum.

I have no idea what a CFO is , so cannot help.

Scanned documents are fine for a visitor visa, from personal experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can answer number 3- you can apply up to 3 months before your intended flight. it does not HAVE to be 3 months before. It basically means you can apply for a visa at any time in that 3 month period. From personal experience, I would apply no later than 3 weeks before my flight, as it can take that much time for the visa to be processed at a minimum.

Thank you so much for your help it really means A LOT to me. COF is a thing here in PH that you need to get I guess. I'll do more research about that soon as you can only get COF if you have visa already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi ms KIMI can you explain to me what this means? im just thinking if its really alright that my bf is just going to scan email his original documents like, his passport, bank statement, payslip, sponsorship letter etc to me. like the vfs global officer wouldnt see his original documents physically but instead just a scan email original documents that is already printed only. AS THERE IS SOME CHANGES NOW LIKE THIS:

Changes to process for UK settlement visa applicants in Philippines
UK Visas & Immigration is changing the way UK settlement visa applicants in Philippines submit
their supporting documents.
From 3 April 2017, all supporting documents should be sent to the UK address below by the
sponsor or applicant.
Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX
Applicant can also choose a new service where their documents will be scanned and
submitted by our commercial partner VFS Global for an additional fee.
We aim to make a decision on a settlement visa in 60 working days. If you have opted for our
Settlement Priority Visa Service, your application will be put at the front of the queue and the
decision expedited.
Preparing your application for submission
Supporting documents should be sent as soon as possible to the UK after the online application form
has been completed, and should include your unique GWF number. The documents may be sent
before your application and biometrics are submitted. The guidelines below will help you as you
prepare your application.
Note:
Please remember to submit your biometrics at Visa Application Center with your Original Passports.
 Where required, original documents should be provided. If photocopies are also submitted, they
must be clear and legible. We also recommend you provide photocopies of all the original
documents you submit to help us process your application quickly

From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment in February the Home Office paused decision-making on some family applications. In particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children.
The Immigration Rules will be changed on 10 August to reflect this ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date.
If you have an enquiry about your application, please contact UK Visas and Immigration.
A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the UK Visa Application Centre in Manila and Cebu has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents.
Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view details.
A scanning process for supporting documents in the UK Visa Application Centre in Manila and Cebu has been introduced for the following categories PBS T1 - T5, EEA, Certificate of Entitlement, UK Ancestry, Replacement BRP and Returning Resident.
Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.

Introduction of new scanning process of supporting documents .
All documents submitted by customers applying for standard PBS T1 – T5, EEA, Certificate of
Entitlement, UK Ancestry, Replacement BRP and Returning Resident are scanned at the Visa
Application Centre and sent electronically to UKVI.
The new process allows customers to retain their supporting documents during the application
process. Apart from an applicant’s passport, all supporting documents will, where possible, be
handed back at the Visa Application Centre after they have been scanned. Photocopies can be
submitted, but they must be clear and legible.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME FURTHER MORE THIS MS KIMI? IM APPLYING FOR A STANDARD VISITOR VISA AND IM A STUDENT AND HE WILL SPONSOR MY 2 WEEKS HOLIDAY IN UK. sorry to bother you again ms kimi hope you can help me.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sorry, I did not read all that, but it seems to me that you are looking at rules and regulations for a settlement visa application? None of these apply to you. you are applying for a visitor visa. Please look at the rules and regulations for a standard visitor visa to the UK only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you miss kimi, ive read and study more about my standard visitor visa and im bit confident now about what my sister, my friend's dad and you said that scan documents are fine for all the supporting documents my bf will send to me.. and miss kimi what should I expect and bring if ever in uk border if I get approve visa?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Once your visa is approved, make sure to carry your return flight ticket with you when coming to the UK and be ready to answer questions like- where are you staying? What will you do while you are here? etc etc.

Also ask your partner to be near his phone, in case the entry officer wants to speak to him directly to confirm some things. If I were you, I would carry a copy of all the supporting documents that you shared at the time of applying for the visa. You may not get asked anything at all, or you may get asked a few questions. better to be prepared.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.