Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have submitted an ILR application and found out that i did so two months before expiration date - too early to say the least. So to be on the safe side, have cancelled the application as this is better than having a rejected one. My question is how soon will i get the refund? Does anyone know of the turnaround time? My application was cancelled (by me) 28 hours after submission, not been processed, no documents submitted and not had biometrics taken.

Also, would just like to say thank you for all the advice. My husband and I have been processing our visa application for five years now all by ourselves without solicitors and we wouldnt be able to do so without your help. ☺

·
Registered
3 Posts
I withdrew mine as well and my turnaround time was 17 days. Timeline as follows:

Online payment for ILR: 30 July 2020

Request withdrawal of ILR application by post: 2 August 2020

Acknowledgment of cancellation request and notification of withdrawal as of 07 August 2020 (by email)

Received refund (full amount): 19 August 2020.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck to you too. It’s a long and stressful process and feels better when you know that you’re not the only one going through it and can get valuable advice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck to you too. It’s a long and stressful process and feels better when you know that you’re not the only one going through it and can get valuable advice.
Hello patzw, just a quick question. I am beginning to worry as i still havent heard from the home office regarding my request for cancellation and its already been 10 days. When i filled out the form, i didnt have the case reference, courrier tracking, etc only the payment reference number and thats the only thing i have pr

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cont... That was the only information provided aside from my personal information. Was it the same with yours? Do you think its worth contacting them? And if so, do you have the number to call?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi [mention]mrmati85 [/mention], I didn’t use the online form. I posted a registered letter together with the front page of the application I wanted to withdraw (next day delivery). I suggest you send a letter as well to be sure that at least one notification reaches home office. The letter was sent to the following address:

UKVI
P O Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

At the top corner of the envelope I wrote a note, “ILR application withdrawal and fee refund request”

The letter of withdrawal I sent as below:

Request of withdrawal and refund for ILR application with unique application number

My name is ........... and I am an ILR (Set M) applicant. I wish to withdraw my ILR application with UAN: .................. submitted on 29 July 2020 and get a refund.

I had not yet booked an appointment or submitted my biometrics and photograph and have already started another online application which has invalidated the application I now wish to withdraw.

Please find enclosed the front page of ILR unique application number ............... with the relevant information which may be required. I am available for more information by post, email or phone call.

Thank you for your time taken in reading this document. Yours sincerely

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is amazing Patzw. Thank you so much! You are God sent! Will do that first thing monday!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It took nearly one month to get my refund after I chased them many times. They always said that refund process but unable to give guidelines on how long it will take.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It took nearly one month to get my refund after I chased them many times. They always said that refund process but unable to give guidelines on how long it will take.
Thanks, Jch2408. I dont care how long it takes really. I just need to a confirmation that they have received my cancellation request. Did you also do yours by post? How long did it take you to receive a confirmation to say they have receive it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts