Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I came (from Mexico) to the UK in 4 June 2010, and my spouse visa expires in 8 June 2012 When do I have to apply for the ILR ? when do I have to pass the Life in the UK test? Do I have to present tests to prove my English Level? I am very confused about what is the next step
:confused:

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Hello, I came (from Mexico) to the UK in 4 June 2010, and my spouse visa expires in 8 June 2012 When do I have to apply for the ILR ? when do I have to pass the Life in the UK test? Do I have to present tests to prove my English Level? I am very confused about what is the next step
:confused:
You can apply for ILR no sooner than 28 days prior to your visa expiration. You can take the Life in the UK test at any time. The results don't expire. Not sure about proving English proficiency.

·
Registered
38,989 Posts
Hello, I came (from Mexico) to the UK in 4 June 2010, and my spouse visa expires in 8 June 2012 When do I have to apply for the ILR ? when do I have to pass the Life in the UK test? Do I have to present tests to prove my English Level? I am very confused about what is the next step.
You can apply 28 days before 4th June 2012, which will be 7th May, but as it's a bank holiday, 8th May. You can try to get an appointment at public enquiry office for that date - slots are released 6 weeks in advance. Then you will find out on the same day.

You'll have to pass Life in the UK test (do it now and get it out of the way). Don't lose the pass letter you get on the day, as it's needed to apply for your ILR (it won't be reissued). If you are an English speaker, then passing the test alone should be enough. If you are in doubt about your English ability, contact your nearest Learn Direct centre which will do an assessment for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.