Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am applying for my ILR on the 1th of October 2020; unfortunately I was made redundant on the 31st July 2020 due to Covid-19 from a very good paying job. As a result of that, earlier this month (September) I registered my company and started a web and mobile development business. My wife is working and she earns over £30,000 per annum which surpasses the required income threshold (£18,600).

When filling the set (M) form they ask if “you/your sponsor are currently employed” - my wife is employed so that is fine, however I am not sure on how to fill the section about me hence my questions -

-Should I state that I am still employed by my previous employer and then write an explanation stating I was made redundant in July due to covid-19? (I can provide evidence of my payslips and bank statements).

-Should I state that I am self-employed (own a limited company)? However, I really haven’t made any decent money since starting the business.

-Should I leave the section about myself blank and just provide only my wife’s employment details? If I provide only my wife employment details in order to meet the income threshold, will they hold that against me? i.e He’s a bum and not deserving of the ILR.

I am sorry if my question comes across long and silly, I am truly perplexed on how to answer the financial requirement section and I just don’t want to get anything wrong.

I’ll be grateful for any help you can provide.

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi If your wife's earnings meet the minimum requirement for the needed amount of time, just use that. You only need to meet the requirement and not needed to prove anything above that.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
You are not employed - you have been made redundant
You cannot use your self employment - you need 12 months business accounts.

Just use your wife's income.

State YOU are unemployed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts