Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a few questions regarding my ILR SET(M) application. I've searched through the forums to help me out but just looking for some clarity if anyone is able to help:

Financial Evidence when on shared parental leave:
To meet the financial requirement for my ILR SET(M) application, I intend to use my income from salaried employment (category A). I have taken shared parental leave with some months reduced pay/unpaid. Normally, I would need to provide evidence for May 2020, Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan, Dec 2019. Due to my paternity leave, I would not meet the requirement for April and May as I was on reduced/nil pay.

I understand from Appendix FM 1.7, cl. 5.5.19 that in the case of parental leave, the date used can be the commencement of paternity leave instead of the application date. I took my leave in 3 separate chunks – 1 paid week in sept, 1 paid week in nov and 16 weeks (mix of paid/unpaid) starting in Feb 2020. My thinking is that it would make sense for me to provide the evidence for the 6 months preceding my main 16-week block of parental leave. The individual weeks from sept and nov would show up on my payslip but my gross pay was sufficient. Does this seem correct?

Relationship Evidence:
Do married applicants still need to submit the cohabitation evidence? In my previous FLR(M) applications, I always thought cohabitation evidence was if you weren’t married. If married, you simply provided the marriage certificate? Under the ILR SET(M) check list, it requests the cohabitation evidence…

Evidence – originals v copies:
At the end of the ILR SET(M) application checklist (online) it says ‘You must provide docs after you submit… these can be originals or copies’. But in the Appendix FM1.7 and SE (3.3.9) it says documents must be originals.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Relationship evidence: You need to show you have been living with partner continuously. Marriage certificate is not sufficient. You need to show the same proof as for FLR(M) ie. joint utility bills, bank statements, official letters showing same address etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crawford.

Is anyone able to help me with my other queries? Particularly the first one regarding parental leave? If I submit my payslips for the 6 months preceding Feb 2020 (before I went on my last block of parental leave), I will meet the financial requirement (ie: all months gross salary > £1550) but it will show that I am in receipt of paternity pay for two separate weeks. I'm not sure if that clause 5.5.19 in Appendix fm1.7 means I need to go back to before there was any parental leave on my payslips but if that's the case then I will need to submit payslips for Dec 2018 - May 2019 (!) which seems odd given that it was so long ago!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
June 2019 - baby born and 2 weeks paternity leave (full pay)
Autumn 2019 - two 1-week blocks of shared parental leave (full pay)
Feb 2020 - present - several weeks of shared parental leave (mix of paid and unpaid)

Any thoughts on which payslips I should apply with? "prior to the commencement of mat/pat leave" could mean I supply payslips for the 6 months before June 2019 (ages ago...) but it feels more applicable for me to apply with the 6 months before my Feb 2020 leave as it's more recent and my employer enhanced parental leave pay tops me up so I'm effectively on full pay...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts