Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am in the middle of filling the online application for my ILR application and would like to know what is the application process now as the premium service is not available due to covid. Please, someone, help me understand the full process like, please?

1. Which documents need to be submitted/upload online along with the application form?
2. How many copies of the original documents need to be posted after the application is submitted online?
3. For the docs to be submitted online, can I simply scan all documents together to make one BIG pdf or all the documents should be scanned in a separate pdf?
4. I read somewhere the size restriction per pdf is 6 MB, is it still the case?
5. Do we get any acknowledgement from Home office confirming the application is in the process as I would need that to show it to my employer?

Many thanks
Sandy

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think this is the site to apply for ILR (Step 1)

(It shows 1. Start 2. Application 3. Finance 4. Documents 5. Declaration 6. Pay 7. Further Actions)

Step 2 - Then it shows another Link (I think Sopra Steria site)
Step 3 - Upload Documents there
Step 4 - Book for Appointment (Not sure if you have to pay on this site again)
Step 5 - Take Originals and Do Biometric

I maybe wrong but someone will help you in details.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this is the site to apply for ILR (Step 1)

(It shows 1. Start 2. Application 3. Finance 4. Documents 5. Declaration 6. Pay 7. Further Actions)

Step 2 - Then it shows another Link (I think Sopra Steria site)
Step 3 - Upload Documents there
Step 4 - Book for Appointment (Not sure if you have to pay on this site again)
Step 5 - Take Originals and Do Biometric

I maybe wrong but someone will help you in details.
Thanks Gauleh for your reply.

Does it mean no more photocopies required for ILR application?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I guess by this time, you already know the answer. No Copies.
So After you did 7. Further Actions, Did you print out Declaration Form / Consent Letter? Or Did you get link to Sopra on main site or through email?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am due to appear for Life in the UK test on Wednesday and I am hoping to submit the ILR application online on Thursday and would prefer to submit all the required docs online as well on the same day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you mean photocopies as in a separate bundle then no that is not required. When we did ILR we scanned all documents after submitting on the Sopra site. We took all the original documents to the appointment in case they needed to see anything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you mean photocopies as in a separate bundle then no that is not required. When we did ILR we scanned all documents after submitting on the Sopra site. We took all the original documents to the appointment in case they needed to see anything.
Do we need to submit/show any passport size photographs (Applicant or Sponsor) for ILR application?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts