Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a British Citizen, my wife is a US citizen. We got married in 2012, and applied for FLR(m) for the first time on 30/04/2012. So I believe we come under the old rules. We then renewed it in 2014, and again in 2016. She has just passed the life in the UK test, and now we would like to move onto ILR. She still has over a year left remaining on her FLR visa, does this mean we can't start the ILR process? We have been living together since 2011, and between us earn £28,500.

Are the documents we submit the same as the FLR, just with the added Life in the the UK pass certificate? Do we need to wait until the FLR is almost expired? Are there any other income requirements that differ from the FLR?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I believe that since your original spouse visa was granted prior to July 2012, your wife could've actually applied for settlement three years ago... you don't need to wait any longer

There's no hard financial requirement but you do need to show proof of your ability to maintain yourself without recourse to pubic funds, so an income of 28k should be more than adequate

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-settle-in-the-uk-form-setm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.