Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys if i book premium appointment before 9am there is an additional charge of £75 does this mean if any one book in that slot then they dont have to wait so much time for their application? last time i went for my flr m and had the appointment at 1pm and it took around 3 hours for the application please advise

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As you will be first in the queue, there is a chance your wait will be shorter but it's not guaranteed. If they judge your application to be not straightforward, you may have to wait weeks and months.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
When I go to book my Premium Appointment, by the time i've already spend the fee on the application and the fee for the appointment, I would figure another £75 is worth it to be first in the queue. But it's up to you.

Also, I haven't seen it come up in a while, do they still open Premium appointments 6 weeks in advance like they used to? Obviously been a few years now since my last premium and I noticed that the website has changed!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
We did not find any advantage in paying the extra but we did not book the first slot so maybe that was why. It does however avoid being in a queue at the first and second desks.

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
When I applied for ILR back in '14 (3 years ago yesterday, to be exact), I took the first slot of the day (they didn't have the £75 early morning surcharge back then)... I had to get up early anyway to get to the appointment (I live in West London and was going to Croydon) so I figured that earlier is better.

As it turned out, there was a technical glitch with the biometric checking that affected the entire network... this glitch occurred shortly after I did biometrics. Nobody could tell us how long it would take to get a decision and we were offered the option of leaving and coming back in a few hours or just leaving full stop and waiting for my documents to be sent back after a decision was made.

My husband and I had booked the day off of work so we had nothing on the diary for the rest of the day so we opted to just hang tight and wait and see... we'd both brought our iPhones and have unlimited data, so we just amused ourselves by streaming video while we waited.

All along, they were allowing people to come in for their appointments... I was ticket 100 and shortly after lunch time, the ticket count was close to 175.

In the end, we ended up waiting 6+ hours for a decision... they were still admitting people when we left, so we can't imagine just how long everyone else after us (i.e. the first few hours of the morning) had to wait for a decision.

·
Registered
77 Posts
3 hours wow lucky you.

my appointment is 1:20pm we arrived 5 min earlier reaching the counter.

my visa granted at 7:40pm - LOL

applied on 3rd Oct 2017

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.