Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im looking to get my wife’s application for ILR going fairly soon which is why I’m now back on this wonderful forum.

I have had a look around the old threads and found some answers but there is one I’m stuck on.On all my payslips my basic gross salary is £1754.87 (£21058.44). I also get paid for one sleep in a week at £55 (£2860) then variable overtime.

But this month I was off sick for a couple of days and I was docked some hours. My pay this month will come out at £1518 nett. The gross still showed as £ 1754.87. How will this affect our chances? Do the assessors base the salary decision on the payslips in gross or nett pay?

Last 6 nett payslips will be:-

Sep £1518
Aug £1798
Jul £2005
Jun £1632
May £ 1967
Apr £1843

I’m on target for £27k earnings this year, just as I earned in 19/20. I’m struggling to come to terms with the fact that my wife’s visa will be refused because of two days sickness. Surely the fact my employers letter will state that I am earning a minimum of £23918 plus payslips will be enough? I am continuously earning £23918 as my gross salary surely?

Many thanks if anybody could shed any light on this matter.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
The financial requirement is based on the GROSS amount, not the NET (not sure why you spell it "nett") amount.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The financial requirement is based on the GROSS amount, not the NET (not sure why you spell it "nett") amount.
Thank you so much Clever Octopus for replying.

Yes, not sure why I was spelling it “nett” either!

This process is mind blowingly stressful at times so my apologies for just checking confirmation. The net amount is irrelevant, it whats in the gross column on the payslip yes? £1754 plus sleeps as taxable gross salary. Therefore, the bank statements are just to prove payslips are genuine and I’m receiving the pay.

So if I was to present these 6 payslips under Category A, you are saying we would clear the financial threshold for sure?

It seems I was getting confused with the £1550 figure which would be the lowest gross pay.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
If you have 6 payslips and the gross amount on all of them is 1,550 GBP or more then you meet the financial requirements under Cat A

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Crawford. I kind of knew but sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees.

Much appreciated, both you and Clever Octopus.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Understandable, it's an expensive and excruciating process and impossible not to overthink. I agree with Crawford that you should be fine. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts