Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question, and maybe getting ahead of myself, we have just got our FLR(M) and wondering about the life in the uk test for IDL in a few years, does it have to be recent to the application or can my wife take it anytime from now until when we apply?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
It's ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

She can take the Life in the UK test at any time

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

She can take the Life in the UK test at any time
haha yes it is!!

Thanks perfect we'll get that done sooner rather than later than I guess

Is there an ILR guide on the forum like there is for FLR, I'm clearly having a slow morning and can't see one

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
No one has applied for ILR on the 5-year route yet (as rules were introduced in 2012, the earliest applicants will be next month) but for spouses of British citizens, it's exactly the same financial requirement as for FLR(M), plus 5-year residence requirement and LitUK test

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one has applied for ILR on the 5-year route yet (as rules were introduced in 2012, the earliest applicants will be next month) but for spouses of British citizens, it's exactly the same financial requirement as for FLR(M), plus 5-year residence requirement and LitUK test
right, of course that makes sense, I probably should have realised that!!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the first ones to come in and continue to collect the same info we collected last time

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
No worries! I'm sure there will be some testimonials of ILR applications quite soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.